Level 4 from home help/recommendations

I completed level 3 in June and I'm looking at doing Level 4 from home, I did Level 2 & 3 in a college but with the 4 hour round trip and work at my job increasing I think distance learning would be a better fit for me. I have done some research in to providers and the best recommended ones don't offer the 24+ loans which I'm now eligible for after turning 24 last week (Level 2 & 3 were funded by my college due to my age) and I'm just wondering if the bigger providers e.g Kaplan, BPP etc are as bad as I have been told. I am looking at enrolling within the next week so any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• RaynaKaur
    RaynaKaur Registered Posts: 12
    If you don't mind me asking, how many hours and what days do you work? I did AAT level 2 at college and absolutely struggled to achieve AAT Level 3 at home, so am going to college to do that in September.
  • RaynaKaur
    I went to Babington Business College by the way.
  • Sharon123
    Sharon123 Registered Posts: 80
    I did all my aat study at home, only using study materials and online resources and passed all my exams first time. I found BPP books really good. You need to set yourself targets and be disciplined with setting aside study time
  • RaynaKaur
    @Sharon123 Impressive! :)
  • RaynaKaur
    We all have our own way of learning.
  • Sharon123
    Sharon123 Registered Posts: 80
    As a Mum in full time work college was not an option for me. You are very right that we all have our own ways to study and I was lucky that distance learning worked for me as it is so flexible time wise. It can also be a cheaper option if you are paying for your studies yourself. My only experience of college was a Sage course at Babington in Derby who I found really good. Good luck both!
  • RaynaKaur
    Thank you :)
Privacy Policy