Brighton/ (FT) Payroll Clerk / Employer

antrams
antrams Registered Posts: 1
Hi,

Thought I'd post an advertisement for a position at my workplace as it would be ideal for an AAT student (I recently completed AAT Level 2, 3 & 4 while working here).

The job advert can be found here but I'll include the details in this post.

Really friendly practice. Experience isn't at all necessary (when I started I'd been studying AAT for a month and had never worked in a finance role before) but what they'd love is someone who's really enthusiastic to learn, progress and work in an accounting role. They're happy to provide full study support for anyone looking to complete AAT either through distance learning, self study or attending college. Excellent start for AAT studiers looking for an entry level role.

Anyone who has completed the level 2 diploma in accounting and business (and thus studied some of the payroll modules) would be at a real advantage here as the role will be initially focussed around payroll.

Again, if you could apply via the link, the contact is Kate Lavender.

Administration Assistant/ Payroll/Bookkeeping Clerk

We are looking for a self-motivated, confident, enthusiastic individual with a sense of humour and smart presentation. Candidate must be able to prioritise and use own initiative, be numerate, computer literate, have well developed literacy skills in general, be able to handle multi-tasks and data efficiently and have a good telephone manner. Good GCSE english & maths grades are desirable and accounts/payroll/bookkeeping experience or training would be an advantage but full training will be given for the right candidate and there will be the opportunity (if desired) to expand their knowledgebase and achieve relevant qualifications (e.g. AAT, ATT, Payroll Certifictates etc.)

Job will include:

- Office administration using Outlook, Excel & Word. Duties to include reception cover, credit control, filing, printing, scanning, banking, managing petty cash, ordering stationery, liaising with HMRC, other professionals and with clients (including obtaining payroll information/data) etc.

- Payroll administration using Star software for monthly and weekly payroll clients i.e. entering payroll information onto the system, producing payslips, dealing with HMRC, communicating with the clients and maintaining a good working relationship which requires great communication and interpersonal skills, processing P45s, P46s & P60s, calculating SSP, SMP, new starter and leaver administration, student loan calculations, maintaining knowledge of payroll legislation, dealing with queries from the employers and employees etc.

- Bookkeeping tasks using Sage, Excel, Kashflow, Xero and other software.

- Small business accounts using Excel, IRIS and other software.

- Self-assessment personal & corporation tax returns using IRIS.

We pride ourselves on providing a high level of service to our clients delivered in a professional and friendly manner. Therefore the candidate will need excellent attention to detail, good organisational skills, to be reliable, hard working & methodical in their work.

The position is essentially full time although we would consider part time or flexible working for the right candidate.
Privacy Policy