Client Incentives

TreadStone
TreadStone Registered Posts: 280 Epic contributor 🐘
Do many of you offer existing clients a "financial carrot" for them to recommend you to potential new clients ?

If so, is it usually in the form of a "cashback", "% discount on next years fees", B&Q vouchers =) or whatever ?

More importantly, does it work in gaining new clients ?

Comments

• TreadStone
    Nice idea
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I've tried various methods. We have done a discount and we have done a cash back. We currently do vouchers. All the various methods made little difference in my opinion. Referrals from clients have gone up but I think that is because of client numbers. When I send a voucher to the client the response is often thanks but we would have referred you anyway.

We gain plenty of new clients both via referral and via advertising. I think this comes from good service, fair pricing and being honest and helpful. Take care of the clients you have and they will tell others.
    Regards,

Burg
  • TreadStone
    That's interesting. It will obviously depend on current client numbers, if you already have 300 clients then referrals will be higher than a new business with only 30.

I'm coming at this from my my own perspective (under 20 clients but looking to increase numbers this year) and from the practice I work for (250+ clients with occasional referrals).
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I thought about doing something like this but refrained and so far I feel I've made the right decision, referrals are coming in anyway based on good service and fair rates =)
Privacy Policy