Skip Level 1?

funkleton
funkleton Registered Posts: 1
I'm thinking of starting AAT accountancy training in the next academic year.

I can do Level 1 and Level 2 in the same year, but my local college have told me that I can skip straight to Level 2 if I wish.

Obviously this will save me some time and money

I'm reasonably bright ( 2 Science A Levels plus english all at grades A and B - plus 2/3 of a science degree that I was unfortunately unable to finish due to serious illness - but I don't know anything about accounting.

What do people on here who have been through either or both think? Is it worth completing Level 1 or should I skip straight to level 2?

Comments

• CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Level 2 - it still starts from the start. Judging from your grades you should have no problems at all with AAT (Lvl 4 being equivalent of first yr uni, and as you have science A-Levels I would assume your logic and numeracy are good, which is all that's required really).
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Level 1 is ideal as a low level starter, really just to let you have a feel of accounting before you commit to the full course. It is usually only about 4 lessons and some colleges or training academies provide it free of charge. It really depends whether you are ready to commit to Level 2 straight away.
  • NickCraggs
    NickCraggs Registered, Tutor Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    I would save your time and money and start at level 2. I dont think level 1 is aimed at poeple like yourself.
    Nick Craggs FMAAT AATQB ACA, AAT Branch Member and Distance Learning Director at First Intuition

firstintuition.co.uk/
Privacy Policy