Sage unit exam - Journal entries?

Jdan95Jdan95 Registered Users Posts: 11
Hi and thanks in advance for reading.

I'm currently doing my computerised unit learning from home, but I have a question relating to the exam. I'm using sage instant accounts.

If I make an error in the exam eg. enter a receipt as £3102.00 when it should be £3012.00, am I allowed to make a journal entry to correct this? I'm sure this shows I'm competent in correctly identifying mistakes and acting on them, but I'm not sure if doing so will disadvantage myself in the exam.

I have just found out about using 'corrections' to correct previous mistakes, but changing a receipt still shows up on the customer account. The last thing I want is for the exam marker to identify that my customer summary is different to what the customer summary SHOULD look like.

In a worst case scenario obviously I could rebuild sage if I make a mistake and start again, but this is obviously impractical and time consuming (and clearly not appropriate in a real life situation).

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• grimboongrimboon Registered Users Posts: 5
    I had to do this in my exam. I made a mistake so fixed it with a journal. They don't really give you a breakdown of the marks, so I'm not sure what the result of it was, but I did pass.
    Jdan95
  • Jdan95Jdan95 Registered Users Posts: 11
    > @grimboon said:
    > I had to do this in my exam. I made a mistake so fixed it with a journal. They don't really give you a breakdown of the marks, so I'm not sure what the result of it was, but I did pass.

Thanks Grimboon. I'll haveto see how it goes :)
  • JoshJ1992JoshJ1992 Registered Users Posts: 75
    Hi Jdan95

If you need to make corrections, that should be fine, as this is what you would do in real life. Obviously, you still want to try and enter data as accurately as possible so as to keep any corrections to a minimum.

Hope that helps.