Software

Xero - bookkeeping / payroll package only
Quickbooks bookkeeping / payroll only

Taxfiler - accounts production + tax. linked to the above two

Or Capium - bookkeeping / payroll + accounts production + tax

All seem great options ... would love some reviews from people who have experience using these! All the above are MTD ready (well as much as we all are)

Should I go for one or mix and match ? I'm dreaming software at this point!

Quickbooks did say if I transferred from sage.. it would migrate all transactions not just TB totals .. which is good- not sure if Xero & capium would do the same?

Comments

• burgburg Experienced Mentor GloucesterRegistered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,278
    We use

Xero - Bookkeeping
    Moneysoft - Payroll
    Glide - Practice Management
    Capium - Accounts production and tax

Works well. Xero definitely is for us for bookkeeping due to ease of use and popularity. Glide is great for practice management but takes some setting up (they will help you though). Taxfiler is good for tax but not very good for accounts. Really liking Capium but have no experience of their bookkeeping or payroll software.

Xero have regular offers for Move my books which will transfer data from Sage into Xero.
    Regards,

Burg
    lisajayne1
  • lisajayne1lisajayne1 Registered Users Posts: 38
    Thank you burg. I really do appreciate it
  • mrme89mrme89 Registered Users Posts: 562
    Xero payroll gets a slating every time it is mentioned on Accounting Web.
    lisajayne1
    Oh really Mrme89 thank you .. the plot thickens
  • TreadStoneTreadStone Feels At Home Registered Users Posts: 167

"Quickbooks did say if I transferred from sage.. it would migrate all transactions not just TB totals .. which is good- not sure if Xero & capium would do the same? "

I'm trialling Capium now and I'm pretty sure they offer a migration service if requested. I'd be surprised if the likes of Xero don't offer this, they want your business after all.
    lisajayne1
    > @TreadStone said:
    > "Quickbooks did say if I transferred from sage.. it would migrate all transactions not just TB totals .. which is good- not sure if Xero & capium would do the same? "
    >
    >
    > I'm trialling Capium now and I'm pretty sure they offer a migration service if requested. I'd be surprised if the likes of Xero don't offer this, they want your business after all.

Thank you. How are you finding Capium? Are you using all of it ? Inc payroll?
  • TreadStoneTreadStone Feels At Home Registered Users Posts: 167
    I only started the trial 2 days ago. See this thread:-

https://forums.aat.org.uk/discussion/444447/capium#latest

I don't handle payroll but our place uses Pegasus Opera. I've advised them to change as it's clunky and old fashioned but you can only lead the horse to water as they say....
    lisajayne1
  • SueSue Well-Known Registered Users Posts: 213
    I have finally managed to speak to someone at Xero after four attempts of my contacting them first.

The person I spoke to was very helpful but she did not know what cash accounting was and it is important to me that the software I use is able to calculate vat using both invoicing and cash accounting. Can anyway who is already using Xero confirm whether it is possible to calculate vat using cash accounting?

Thanks
  • burgburg Experienced Mentor GloucesterRegistered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,278
    Yes invoicve and cash accounting for VAT and deals with FRS too.
    Regards,

Burg
  • SueSue Well-Known Registered Users Posts: 213
    Thanks. I will give the demo a trial then and see how I get on.