what are the pass rates for att and cta

Hi,
I was on the att website just looking at some past papers and I also happened to check the pass rates for the individual papers (which for november 2016 actually looked okay). I also looked at the pass rates for the individual cta papers (which again looked fairly decent to me) but someone made a comment in a forum (strangely enough from 2011) that these were not the overall pass rates. That the overall pass rate per year is candidates vs people entering the institute which is 28-32% per year. In other words, att and cta only publish the pass rates per paper and not the actual overall pass rates which are much lower.
So I'm confused by this- what are the pass rates for att and cta and do a lot of people drop out before doing the papers. To me it seemed the pass rates seemed better than acca.

Comments

• BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    edited March 2017
    You can look at the pass lists on the website and they will give you the pass rate for the paper for that sitting. It is what it is... if it says 57% passed the IND paper in Nov 16 then that was how many passed that paper...

I guess if you go through each of the papers on the pass list, add up how many students sat the paper, then how many passed- you can find the pass rate for the sitting?!

It also tells you how many sat the exam and how many passed.
    B
  • BeccaLouJ9
    From Pass lists Nov 2016:

Advisory โ€“ Taxation of Individuals
    225 candidates passed this paper out of a total of 396 sitting the examination including 9 candidates being
    awarded a distinction.
    A pass rate of 57%
  • j_khanom18
    j_khanom18 Registered Posts: 15
    thank you becca.
    I always hear horror stories about cta, i.e. 30% pass rate from a forum but that comment was ages ago. However, the pass rates for the papers have always been up and down throughout the yrs.
    I'm yet to order the legislation books but will get onto that soon- do the books last a yr assuming so would I need to get a new set next yr?
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Yes. Each year there are two sittings: May and Nov, they test the same finance act, then the next year it changes.

You could use the same leg for a couple of years, but there will be out of date stuff, and new bits that you don't have. It's a gamble, but ultimately a personal choice. I would recommend using a new set each year.

B
Privacy Policy