Computerised accounting exam - self-study help

Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused on how to go about the assessment for the Computerised Accounting unit as a self-studier.

With other exams, it has just been the matter of calling my local exam centre and booking a date to take a computer based exam, but with this, I hear you need to take it through a training provider such as BPP or Kaplan.

However, I have just recently discovered from online forums that I can alternatively take a Sage training course online, which can then be sent to AAT to verify you are competent.

Is the Sage alternative way true, and if so, what course should I be looking for? And if not, what is the best way to go about taking the assessment traditionally as a self-studier?

Many thanks in advance, and I greatly appreciate any feedback you may have.

Comments

• shannonr1990shannonr1990 Registered Posts: 35
    Are you doing the AQ2013 Syllabus or the AQ2016 one? because if you are doing the AQ2016 you can just book the assessment on the Kaplan website? thats what I am doing.
  • SketchbexSketchbex Registered Posts: 12
    Shannonr1990 - How do you register as an external student to be able to take the exams or do I speak to the test centre directly?
  • shannonr1990shannonr1990 Registered Posts: 35
    Yes you need to tell the test centre you are an external student & give them your AAT membership number.
  • SketchbexSketchbex Registered Posts: 12
    Oh so I can go to any test centre I just call them to book it and confirm I am external?