Balancing Debtors control/Creditors Control a/c on Sage

Jayney
Jayney Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
Hi wonder if anyone can shed some light on balancing c/f totals for purchase & sales ledger. To work this out I use b/f balance from previous TB, add invoice total, deduct credits and receipts for debtors control a/c, but this month it is not balancing with TB actual total on sage. Any ideas please on how to resolve this. Also my Creditors control a/c is wrong. Where do I look on Sage to resolve this? Everything is correct to the bank account on Sage - what have I don wrong?

Comments

• Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    Do you have a breakdown of the creditors and debtors? A bank reconciliation too?

Is the TB your own or is this a new client?
  • Jayney
    Hi the way that the accounts are set up is that I cannot reconcile the bank account due to them using a factoring company and using journals to put money in to the main bank a/c - I have done a mock bank a/c & this balances to the bank a/c. I have put the creditor & debitor in a spreadsheet, but cannot find the discrepency.

Kind regards
  • Bertie
    Are you using Sage 50 or Sage One?

Did you use the opening balance wizard if using desktop?

If using Sage One - How were the opening balances coded?

Could it be that the debtors and creditors have been double counted?
  • Jayney
    I think it's a timing issue - our company's accountant is going to look at it Tuesday.

Thanks anyway
  • Bertie
    It's tricky to get you 'the' answer without seeing all the information and a audit trail.
Privacy Policy