Bitcoin.

Options
Prices have risen due to the Japanese recognising as a currency.

Good investment or a money laundering nightmare?

Comments

• Bmer82
    Bmer82 Registered Posts: 69
    Options
    due to its use on the dark web I would go with nightmare and could lead to directly funding terrorism et al
  • Bmer82
    Options
    > @Mickdundee said:
    > due to its use on the dark web I would go with nightmare and could lead to directly funding terrorism et al
    >
    > I suspect that you also avoid putting fuel in your car for the same reason?

slightly different in when you are purchasing fuel you know who the seller is. bitcoin can be obtained in multiple illegal ways. funnily enough i was talking to our IT provider today who unwittingly had their internet connection used to mine bitcoin whilst not terrorism it is cybercrime. with prices rising this will become more frequent and it whilst hard to tell if the coin is clean due to its nature it is very high risk
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    Options
    I remember reading a few years ago to be successful at mining you'd need a rig running between 10 - 15 top of the line gaming spec graphics cards to possibly farm one coin per month. After accounting for the extra electricity units, parts and what not, you'd be lucky to ever break-even unless you've ten different machines performing the same search.

Maybe a prime example of economies of scale in action.

I prefer gold myself - at least it's tangible!

From what I've seen on the news the terrorists don't need funding, they just take over certain parts of a country and take what they like.

Wasn't 'Silk road' or similar, powered by Bitcoin?

I wouldn't say no to a virtual wallet full of Bitcoins, especially considering they are trading at £969 - each!

• Bmer82
    Options
    times have changed somewhat they used 4 raspberry pi and achieved multiple coin
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    Options
    I'm calling BS.
Privacy Policy