Is it possible to get into a big 4 accountancy firm if your qualified ?

2ยป

Comments

• Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Sorry I dont understand most of that post.
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Well CIMA is inferior to ACCA with the heavy restriction on what you can learn

Yeah, CIMA is inherently inferior to ACCA and ACA. That's why I'm doing it. I just wanted to slum it for a couple of years. Being better at the 'management' side of things, and more interested in it, have nothing to do with anything. I also have a glowing reference from a CIMA past president (one of my lecturers) that there's literally no use for since CIMA is so poorly regarded.
    Actually I will take those as complements.

How can you possibly take being told you lack humility as a compliment? It is one of the hardest virtues to cultivate, but it is a virtue.
  • The Deadman
    The Deadman Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor โญ
    How can you possibly take being told you lack humility as a compliment? It is one of the hardest virtues to cultivate, but it is a virtue.

See who gave the compliment. Read his posts on the FRA thread. It's good reading.
  • Kecak
    Kecak Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor โญ
    Please do not feed the trolls.
  • The Deadman
    Kecak wrote: ยป
    Please do not feed the trolls.

What do you mean ? I see no trolls. You must be unqualified so your welcome to shine my shoes "pleb"
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Yes well I can't be the established AAT forum resident as you are. Guess I don't have time for it. Maybe your time could be better spent working on your Unit 10 instead of thinking of your best "comeback". You could be qualifed (??) sooner than you think if you wanted. Well I heard FRA,ECR were a nightmare this year so good luck:laugh:

Taking into effect that i have already passed the FRA and yes awaiting the results for the ecr already started unit 10 and not due to start Deploma level till september have and contiune to work in pratise for over 4 years and do manage an office already with 3 employees whom i trained (not that i consider them as employees more as work friends - something that you may consider for the future) and all this not been quaified i think i'll be ok.

Thank you ever so much for the advise it was much appreciated but not needed.

Good luck in the future i wish you well:001_smile:
  • The Deadman
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Taking into effect that i have already passed the FRA and yes awaiting the results for the ecr already started unit 10 and not due to start Deploma level till september have and contiune to work in pratise for over 4 years and do manage an office already with 3 employees whom i trained (not that i consider them as employees more as work friends - something that you may consider for the future) and all this not been quaified i think i'll be ok.

Thank you ever so much for the advise it was much appreciated but not needed.

Good luck in the future i wish you well:001_smile:

You do not have to explain yourself to me. Best of luck with your unit 10. It is difficult to get started but then again I did this with ease. Get qualified soon.
  • Paul24
    Its easier to commit the time when you have no friends / partner dragging you away to the pub or for other activities.
  • The Deadman
    Paul24 wrote: ยป
    Its easier to commit the time when you have no friends / partner dragging you away to the pub or for other activities.

i take it you have experience ? :lol:
  • A-Vic
    You do not have to explain yourself to me. Best of luck with your unit 10. It is difficult to get started but then again I did this with ease. Get qualified soon.

I shall like to get qualified soon however, id like to take my time also. I can never understand the rush its better to take your time and understand rather than rush and mess up later i feel.

Whenever i have hired staff in the past humilty was a good atribute to have and am sure i wont be the only recurment person that finds this a quality needed in employees.

Just thought id help :001_smile:
  • Paul24
    Yeah I spent too much time with my Girlfriend and mates, hence the reason I left the project until the last minute.

Whats your point?
  • Kecak
    Kecak Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor โญ
    I would't be surprised if this is just *DATA INPUT OFFICER*, or whatever the previous idiot was called, having yet another mental episode and trying to feel superior to people and being insulting.

It's vaguely amusing, but quite sad too.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    kecak, i thought that too

they come and they go just as quick :)

tracy
  • The Deadman
    Yeah I spent too much time with my Girlfriend and mates, hence the reason I left the project until the last minute.

Whats your point?

My point is when I did my project it took time and dedication to get it done. Just like you I did not have much free time to do it either but I got it done. Just look at the many "how do you do unit 10 threads" there are. just search the forum and get your answer.

Back to the Big4 question, yes I will apply. Please refrain from further accusations of trolling and banter. I got my answers and I 'm happy with what I've read on the forums. Won't suprise me however if someone unqualified is desperate to edge the next "comeback". I posed a question and got good answers. i should say thanks for all your contributions and have a good day.
  • Paul24
    My point is when I did my project it took time and dedication to get it done. Just like you I did not have much free time to do it either but I got it done. Just look at the many "how do you do unit 10 threads" there are. just search the forum and get your answer.

Yes Ive seen them before, in fact Ive been here for three years contributing to them to help people who are trying to complete.

Paul
  • James Cristiano
    James Cristiano Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    Dear AAT forum users

It has been brought to our attention that this thread has offended at least one of our users.

Can i please ask that the general tone of this thread be 'mellowed down', so to speak, otherwise we shall have to remove it.

Kind Regards,
    James, AAT Web Team
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Yes Ive seen them before, in fact Ive been here for three years contributing to them to help people who are trying to complete.

Paul

Yep, and in all that time we've seen trolls come and trolls go, haven't we Paul? Notice that when they're busy trolling, they only ever quote the occasional iffy post you may have made out of all the many helpful ones? If Deadman - with all this alleged experience - ever manages to write a helpful post to someone else then maybe I'll stop thinking of him as anything else but an over-inflated pratt. Until then... well the Job Centre beckons for him methinks......
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I think this thread needs a good ole western shootout !! 5 paces and the first to bring the books to balance, wins !!
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    My money is on Robert. Easy.
  • A-Vic
    Well said robert, and James

Id like to add after attending a pleasent awards evening at college and awards and a talk given by accountant of Lloyds i feel a lot more confident that the goal of working for the big four now seems a lot more achiveable.

What a really nice and down to earth man he was. We all have our dreams and with a little persverance it can be achived.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Well said robert, and James

Id like to add after attending a pleasent awards evening at college and awards and a talk given by accountant of Lloyds i feel a lot more confident that the goal of working for the big four now seems a lot more achiveable.

What a really nice and down to earth man he was. We all have our dreams and with a little persverance it can be achived.

Well said Vic. My sentiments exactly! So give us some info on the awards evening ?
  • A-Vic
    Thanks Steve

It was called celebrating your sucess

One of the tutors put it together, just really nice awards given for most improved and best student given to each class then an award for the best student overall.

Apartently the full time students get employment training and help is given by Lloyds with this hence the presentation given by them.

All in all it was a really nice evening and a chance to do some networking and meet with other AAT students, ACCA students and employers. :001_smile:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    that sounds like a really informative event a-vic, glad it has made you feel better about your goals.

tracy
  • James Cristiano
    James Cristiano Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    Dear AAT forum users

Further to additional reportings with regards to this thread, can i please remind you all to keep the content of any postings you make with consideration of other users in mind. What could be deemed harmless to some, could well cause offence to others. Please, if in doubt, go without! :001_smile:

Kind Regards,
    James, AAT Web Team
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    So who's still reporting the thread then? It's extremely rare to see an admin get involved once, never mind twice so someone's 'upset' with this? It's not even that bad! Or as I think, just reporting it for the sheer buggeration factor in the hope of getting it deleted. I know who I'm gonna put my money on for the culprit...
  • A-Vic
    So who's still reporting the thread then? It's extremely rare to see an admin get involved once, never mind twice so someone's 'upset' with this? It's not even that bad! Or as I think, just reporting it for the sheer buggeration factor in the hope of getting it deleted. I know who I'm gonna put my money on for the culprit...

I think it isnt a bad thing tho robert, to stop things like certin threads we would gladly forget about. It shows their getting tuffer and stamping down on it before it happens
  • reddevil68
    reddevil68 Registered Posts: 18 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Speaking as someone who's new to this forum, this thread did cross the line at one point (and the person crossing that line has obviously disappeared now) so I personally see the admin involvement as not a bad thing. My personal view is that these forums should be to help, advise and encourage fellow students and anyone who's clearly trying to create an argument should not be welcome!!
Privacy Policy