How hard is it to get a six figure salary as an accountant.

Zubbz
Zubbz Registered Posts: 4
I have been thinking how long it could take me before I could start to earn £100000+ as an accountant once I a fully qualified?

Comments

• CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Nothing wrong with ambition but the majority will never earn that.

In practice you're looking at being a partner in a decent-sized firm or a senior manager/director in one of the multinationals to earn that kind of cash.

In industry you're probably looking at being FD of a pretty chunky UK company judging from the payrolls I've seen.

Not going to happen overnight.
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I've only ever seen one accountant earning over £100k.
    He was chartered and had a background in treasury, the guy was an expert in re-financing businesses.
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    You'll need employees.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    It will take a fair bit of work. May be possible for a very few. Many of the top director jobs of listed companies are occupied by accountants. It's not going to be easy to get there. Other than that if it is in practice you are going to have to be good at running a business not just good at accounts and tax. You will need a fair few clients, good systems and good staff.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    Sorry I didn't realise how old this post was before I posted to it.

This site is pretty inactive!

• Enterprise_Warrior
    Enterprise_Warrior Registered Posts: 77
    I've seen a couple of chartered accountants earn this in industry but they were FDs and shareholders.
    FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant and CIMA finalist
  • Allan
    Allan Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    £100,000 equivalent PAYE salary would be £5455.60 per month net...bit more difficult this year than previous years thanks to the new dividend tax.

• Allan
    £100,000 equivalent PAYE salary would be £5455.60 per month net...bit more difficult this year than previous years thanks to the new dividend tax.

I posted this last week, yet still not showing?

• Allan
  • Allan

• Allan
  • Allan

• Allan

Privacy Policy