Advice needed!

lyd159
lyd159 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi,

I am currently studying the Foundation level (exam on Tuesday) and am finding the work extremely easy. I currently work in accounts and find that this is helping me to pick up the studies very quickly. Does anyone know if it's possible to start the Intermediate level in January to coincide with the rest of my Foundation?? Even if it's distance learning?

Thanks!

Comments

• lyd159
    Trouble is, my tutor is convinced that it's too much work so is refusing to help me find a course! Are you aware of any training providers who do AAT distance learning?? Thanks for the help!!
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I should think so, as lots of people miss out the foundation year if they can pass an online skill test. If you ask your tutor they should be able to organise this for you. However most colleges start their courses in September so doing it by a distance provider may be the best option for you.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    lyd159 wrote: ยป
    Trouble is, my tutor is convinced that it's too much work so is refusing to help me find a course! Are you aware of any training providers who do AAT distance learning?? Thanks for the help!!

Have you received your AAT magazine yet? If so, there are no end of distance learning training providers in the mag as well as several discussions over which one is best in the (now closed) old style forums which can still be viewed at the foot of the forum index page.
  • Gal_NikNak
    Gal_NikNak Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Advice needed!

Hello

I'm going to be sitting my final intermediate on Monday and as i'm paying for AAT myself my college are letting me start technician in January before my exam results are out.

Have a chat with your current provider to see what they can do to help
  • lyd159
    Thanks v.much for your help!
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    lyd159 wrote: ยป
    Hi,

I am currently studying the Foundation level (exam on Tuesday) and am finding the work extremely easy. I currently work in accounts and find that this is helping me to pick up the studies very quickly. Does anyone know if it's possible to start the Intermediate level in January to coincide with the rest of my Foundation?? Even if it's distance learning?

Thanks!

As the others have said, check with one of the distance learning providers but believe me the work gets much harder at intermediate and technician level - make sure you have grasped all of the basics of double entry before you commit yourself. I started Foundation 12 years after doing a business degree and I know for sure I wouldn't have passed going straight onto Intermediate. I am sure it does help if you work in accounts but much of the owrk required for Foundation is about doing the work yourself and not relying on computers etc. to do it for you.
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    if you're following the nvq route then submitting work-based evidence should be easy enough but the problem with the diploma route is the simulations...

i can't find anyone who will just mark them for a fee, so i had to pay for the full distance learning package.

as for the central examinations, i only purchase the study/revision texts ! that means i can sit the exams when i want, and in whatever order i want. furthermore, should i want to delay or postpone i won't be charged a deferral fee.

don't let the education providers dictate to you... you are the customer !!!
  • sunny
    sunny Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor โญ
    if you're following the nvq route then submitting work-based evidence should be easy enough but the problem with the diploma route is the simulations...

i can't find anyone who will just mark them for a fee, so i had to pay for the full distance learning package.

as for the central examinations, i only purchase the study/revision texts ! that means i can sit the exams when i want, and in whatever order i want. furthermore, should i want to delay or postpone i won't be charged a deferral fee.

don't let the education providers dictate to you... you are the customer !!!
    Hi, do you mean you only purchase Simulations package?
  • Laura
    Laura Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    A+

My training provider is called A plus training limited, and they are really good. Each person gets assigned a personal tutor, and they are always at the end of the phone or an e mail, and they are there to help you with your studies and anything else in your life!

I found Foundation level really easy at first, and so i switched to doing the fast track foundation. This meant i got through it in half a year instead of a whole year. I hope this is helpful, i'm unsure as to whether i'm just blabbering about something completely off course here!
  • lyd159
    Not at all - that's really useful info - thanks very much!
Privacy Policy