Marks for a pass for exam FRA (unit 5)

Options
carla030698
carla030698 Registered Posts: 112 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi,

Does anyone know what the pass marks are for Unit 5?

Iv got the exam on Wednesday and am not entirely convinced im going to pass! :crying:

I can pretty much answer most of part 1 but im having a nightmare with part 2, the extended trial balance. I can probably get 70% of the trial balance correct but obviously if the whole thing is not correct then the profit/loss will be incorrect which would then reflect in any questions relating to it! :crying:

Can anyone help?????

Carla x

Comments

• crashgordon
    crashgordon Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Our lecturer said it was 85% for both halves of the paper i.e. you need 85% right in section 1 and 85% right in section 2, which seems pretty high for essentially an NVQ. When I was teaching NVQ/GNVQ admittedly not in this subject the pass mark was 45% over the entire exam, so am not too sure about this, or whether she was scaring us to make us work harder. You aren't alone though, all my class mates are struggling to make the grade too.
  • carla030698
    Options
    At least im not alone then!!! :laugh:
  • tallrodney
    tallrodney Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    What parts of the etb are you struggling with
  • Lizzim
    Lizzim Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Depreciation charge for year - expense so P&L

Current Account - forms part of a partnerships finances - balance sheet

Provision for doubtfull debts - if this is the total not adjustment - balance sheet

Accumulated depreciation - shows total depreciation to date so balance sheet

Hope that helps a little
  • carla030698
    Options
    Im struggling to remember whether the following go into the Profit & Loss or Balance sheet:

Depreciation charge for year
    Current Account
    Provision for doubtfull debts
    Accumulated depreciation

Any tips???:001_unsure:
  • carla030698
    Options
    Thanks Lizzi!:thumbup:
  • Lizzim
    Lizzim Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    That's ok Carla - any more probs let me know I am taking the same exam on Wednesday and will be on study leave for the next 2 days! :001_smile:
  • carla030698
    Options
    Thanks, thats a great help, iv got the ECR exam 2morro but il be back to revising for FRA on Tuesday!

Where are you sitting the exam? Im doing it Leeds absolutly dreading it! :001_unsure:
  • haychie
    haychie Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Mine are in CARDIFF dreading it too!!! But hey! once they're over we can think about Christmas! those who celebrate it that is! I DO!!
  • carla030698
    Options
    Yey, only 3 more days and were free (for a few month at least). I most def do! I finished work for exam leave on thurs and insisted I had to put up the tree because i'l not be back till the 6th, loved it put xmas tunes on too! :lol:
  • haychie
    Options
    Oh Wow! i can't wait til next weekend ! We get a real Christmas tree. I haven't even thought about christmas! need to get my nephews presents this week and send them thou as they live in OZ! All this wind and rain and they're just starting their summer!! oooh how lovely! Good Luck !!
  • carla030698
    Options
    Summer! Sounds great! Anyway, good luck! :thumbup:
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    There is no set pass mark/rate for AAT exams. Generally my tutor always tells us that if you get 65% in both sections of the exam you are safe.
  • carla030698
    Options
    Thanks, that makes me feel a little better!!! x:thumbup:
  • haychie
    Options
    I was always under the impression that it depended on how everyone else did in the exam? if most people got stuck on the same thing i.e Wip then this was taking into consideration.

Well, fingers crossed for us all anyway!! :001_smile:
  • carla030698
    Options
    I definatly hope so! it looks pretty bad for tomorrows exam so I at least want to have passed one of them!!! :crying:
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    assuming there is no error in the question (e.g. iac dec '06)...

and some people are getting the answer correct (using the correct method) then they should be rewarded. i guess the rest of us are just too slow or under-prepared.

incidentally, i don't think that i got the wip right, but i wouldn't penalise others who did.

i reckon it's only worth a few percent at best, so i'm happy to overlook it.
  • rob.woolhouse@yahoo.co.uk
    rob.woolhouse@yahoo.co.uk Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Yes, that is encouraging, thanks. I might just scrape through on that !

On another couple of points, there were a few written, not calculated questions. How did others find these ?

Also, I must admit I concentrated on the material of the questions rather than providing a neat end result, even though I tried to make clear workings whenever possible. Does it count badly against you if you have to cross out some answers and re-work them when you realise you've gone wrong early on ? Most of this work would in reality be done on a computer anyway and we're not studying calligraphy !

RW
Privacy Policy