Covering letter for speculative CV's

wendy@jones681.freeserve.
wendy@jones681.freeserve. Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
I'm thinking of sending my CV out to Accountants Practices in my area with a covering letter, as I've recently been spring cleaning my CV and you never know what might come up :001_smile:

I'm a bit stuck as to what to put in my letter, is it just a case of:

Dear Sir/madam,

Please find enclosed a copy of my CV for your consideration.......

Or do you put in something more imaginative?

Thanks for your help

Wendy

Comments

• Anna Hillier
    Anna Hillier Registered Posts: 33 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Advice on writing covering letters

Hi Wendy,

There's some advice on writing covering letters here. I hope it's helpful. Good luck with your job hunt.
  • JonC
    JonC Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Wendy,

What area are you?

My firm is looking for staff in Leeds area
  • wendy@jones681.freeserve.
    wendy@jones681.freeserve. Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Jon,

Thank you for the post, but I live in North Wales :001_smile:
  • tammyariley
    tammyariley Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    I'm thinking of sending my CV out to Accountants Practices in my area with a covering letter, as I've recently been spring cleaning my CV and you never know what might come up :001_smile:

I'm a bit stuck as to what to put in my letter, is it just a case of:

Dear Sir/madam,

Please find enclosed a copy of my CV for your consideration.......

Or do you put in something more imaginative?

Thanks for your help

Wendy
    Address

Tel 111111
    (Mobile) 111111

4th December 2007

Dear Mrs Jo Bloggs,

Ref: - Bookkeeper/Administrator.

I would like to apply for the position of Bookkeeper/Administrator which was advertised on the “Job Centre Plus” website.

I have many different qualifications related to your vacancy, including Word Processing level 3 Distinction and Spreadsheets level 2. I have the following qualifications in Bookkeeping and Accounts - Manuel, Computerised and a Diploma.

I am currently attending Town College on Wednesday afternoons studying for my AAT level 3. On Wednesday 3rd December 07, I sat my first exam for this course.

Please find enclosed a copy of my CV for your further information. You can telephone me on either of the above numbers if you have any queries.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Mrs Sarah Jones

ENC
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I always say this, but use coloured (warm pale yellow is always a good choice for me while I tend to dislike cold blue), high quality watermarked paper such as 100gsm Conqueror or similar. The colour will make your own letter stand out amongst the other paperwork on a busy desk while the quality won't make it look like you just liberated a few reams of 80gsm bog standard printer paper from the office stationery cupboard!
Privacy Policy