DFS Today

Options
sair_19
sair_19 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
I found the paper for DFS o.kay today but am really annoyed my considation Balance sheet wouldnt balance!! :001_unsure:I really dont know where i went wrong, i calculated the group structure to be 75%. I think i did o.k on the rest of section 1 but hope that will be enough. Section 2 was a bit tricky, i dont know how much details or how good the report needs to be, i just really hope i pass!!

Comments

• joyride
    joyride Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Did you remember to include the revaluation and goodwill calculations under Non current assets?
  • sair_19
    sair_19 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Yes i did, i couldnt think what i did wrong! It must be a wrong calculation somewhere, i thought the goodwill was quite high though, over £2000
  • joyride
    Options
    Yes goodwill was about £2911 i think. I cant think why it wouldn't balance for you, retained earnings where about £56000 did you get that?
  • simbo
    simbo Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    2,911 sounds about right for goodwill and if I remember correctly 105,424 was the figure to hit.
  • joyride
    Options
    yeh that was the figure I got for both. what was the difference betwwen your 2 amounts?
  • ani-ari
    ani-ari Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    hi take over was 75%
    pROFIT OF THE YEAR 5040
    REVALUATION WAS 3000
    gOODWILL 2711
    NETT ASSET 105 424 AND IT DID BALANCE FOR ME
    ANYONE ELSE GOT THIS NUMBERS ???
  • SWEETY
    SWEETY Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    ani-ari wrote: »
    hi take over was 75%
    pROFIT OF THE YEAR 5040
    REVALUATION WAS 3000
    gOODWILL 2711
    NETT ASSET 105 424 AND IT DID BALANCE FOR ME
    ANYONE ELSE GOT THIS NUMBERS ???

Yes, me too, i get the same answer

but in section 1 ,1 entrey 127000 i do it roung way so the balance ofincome statement and balance sheet not equal

also in the cashflow statement not equal

may be i;m fall in exam :crying::crying::crying::crying:
  • peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    The balance sheet/cash flow statement balancing is not essential and you can still pass the question even if it doesn't balance. What is important is you got your basic approach correct and you showed your workings.

Kind regards
    Steve
Privacy Policy