anyone take 3 exams in one sitting ?

sebastianforbes
sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
hi there,

just done two exams in one sitting... ecr and fra.

admittedly, it was a slight headache in the last few days (moreso inbetween the exams than before).

turns out that i was uber-prepared !!!

anyone have anything to offer on my intention to do btc, dfs and mac next june ?

also, i would only have unit 10 to do while i waited for the results to come out next august.

then i can kick off into acca next christmas :001_smile:

cheers
sebastian.

Comments

• pikeydiva
    pikeydiva Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    I sat 5!! never again...as that was just TOO much
  • Cortez
    Cortez Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'll be doing PTC, BTC and DFS next June.

What is MAC?
  • sebastianforbes
    mac is the diploma equivalent of pev ( i believe).

what i haven't worked out yet is where pcr comes into the equation ?!?
  • sebastianforbes
    pikeydiva,

how long did you study for ?
    exam preparation ?

and i would be really interested to know how you feel they went, and ultimately your results as well.

of course, after all that, the next stage will be so much easier and less stressful :lol:

best of luck !!!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    All of my class took three exams (DFS, PEV and PCR) last summer with one person additionally resitting PTC. We all passed them all.

I seem to recall that we studied these for about three months. From my own perspective it was tough but not too tough although I probably didn't revise DFS enough and feel I was lucky to pass.

Taking five in one go sounds like sheer masochism to me but kudos to you if you passed them all.
  • rjww85
    rjww85 Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    I sat DFS,BTC & PTC in June 07 and passed all three first time, although I did have to sacrifice my socil life for a month before the exams!

Short term sacrifice for long term gain was how I saw it!!:thumbup1:
  • pikeydiva
    pikeydiva Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    pikeydiva,

how long did you study for ?
    exam preparation ?

and i would be really interested to know how you feel they went, and ultimately your results as well.

of course, after all that, the next stage will be so much easier and less stressful

best of luck !!!

Well 3 were re-sits (DFS, PTC & PEV) from June....failed marginaly (received feedback) this time i obviously re-sat the 3 plus PCR & PEV...study time, distance learning, so up to 1 week before the exams was every night for 3 hours...then 2 hours for each exam the night before.
    Started teaching my brain in August .....and it was not easy...worst thing is keeping BTC and PTC seperate (so familiar easy to lose track of what is for the individual and what is for business)
    PEV and PCR not too difficuly study wise, plenty of past papers, reading through the books and just understanding the meanings of variances rather than formulas....
    also 35 weeks pregnant and brain is like a sieve..LOL....all in all 3 good solid months of revision for PEV & PCR (I say solid but lets say 6 hours a week plus past papers any spare moment you have)
    May sound a lot but in reality with a family (2 kids plus partner) full time job and expecting...it was HARD.....interuptions the worst.

I will of course update on results, but am not positive for the PTC as made really silly mistakes..DFS...messed up again on the cash flow.....and error made on the con BS.
    BTC...well can't remember now and PCR was just mean...feel lil positive about PEV...but time will tell as in June I came out of the exams feeling really great...and failed

seem to have waffled a bit but hope i have answered your question.

What exams did you do?
  • purplegirl
    purplegirl Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor ⭐
    I took 4 exams in one week last year. I passed 2.
  • Devilishbird
    Devilishbird Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    I sat DFS, PEV & PCR this June, passed all 3 but was one of the unlucky ones that had a paper go "missing" with Royal Mail. Had to re-sit a new DFS script at end of Sept and passed. Which I already knew I had from June one. It's better to sit PEV & PCR at the same time as these cross over into each other so it makes it a bit easier. I sat BTC & PTC together again passed both of these the year previous but it did at some points from what I remember become slightly confusing with remembering what reliefs etc applied to which tax unit! :huh:

Anyway good luck, if you prepare yourself well, you should pass no probs :thumbup1:
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    When I did technician we did PEV and PCR in December and then DFS, PTC and BTC in June.

It worked out fine that way so I think it is possible.
  • aer87
    aer87 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    I sat 3 exams last week

FRA resit
    PCR new unit
    PEV new unit

I put my all into it, and like people above, didn't have a social life for a month or so!
    Hopefully my dedicationg will have paid off!?!?!
    Time will tell.........

Amz
  • immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    The most I have done is two - but I have 3 in June - it is quite normal for technician I believe
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    Can you take all the exams however you want? How have you all found it doing it like that, I really want to get AAT finished as fast as I can and get onto ACCA.
  • immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    We take our exams when our college tells us!!
  • lulu5779
    lulu5779 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    I'm taking BTC, PTC, PEV and PCR in june which should be fun a long with the unit 10 projexct which i need to hand in by easter!
Privacy Policy