AAT to ACCA

becca77
becca77 Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
Hi, im currently doing intermediate and all going well would like to go on to do the ACCA, can anyone tell me how long this will take please?

Also my college isnt doing the Technician can anyone recommend one in either east or central london?

Thanks

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Hi there

I'm also thinking of doing the same and am due to complete technician in June. You will get exemption from the first three papers of ACCA leaving you with 11 papers to sit. You can sit a maximum of 4 exams at each sitting (every 6 months) so could do it in 18months wih one fail.
    However it is only recommended to take a maximum of 3 papers at each sitting therefore taking 2 years.
    Exemptions are for papers F1, F2, F3.

Try here to see the course structure.
    http://www.kaplanfinancial.co.uk/Portals/0/documents/new_syllabus_brochure_student.pdf
    Regards,

Burg
  • becca77
    Thats great thank you for your help :001_smile:
  • becca77
    Oh i forgot to ask, is that part time or full time? thanks
  • blank
    blank Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    hi mate

dont go to ACCA straight after intermediate finish of the AAT first, it looks alot better on your CV rather than only half finishing it, plus you get the same exemptions !

just find another college mate in east london there is BPP its quite expensive but the tutors are really good
  • phunkyphantom22
    phunkyphantom22 Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    As you are asking about doing Tech level, I assume you are intending to complete the whole AAT course before going on to ACCA.

However I will post just in case you are not and for the benefit of others thinking about doing that, please be aware you will not get the exemptions from ACCA - you need to complete both Intermediate and Technician levels to get these.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    As phunkyphantom22 said you need to complete both intermediate and technician to get the exemptions. I also assumed that you would complete the AAT.
    The particular course I referred to was a choice of one day per week or a block of 1 or 2 weeks every so often taking 3 exams every 6 months.
    Regards,

Burg
  • becca77
    Hi, thanks everyone for your reply's, yes i was going to do the technician level as well, just need to find another college, then hopefully all being well i would like to do the ACCA afterwards.

Thanks again for your help and for the links.:thumbup:
Privacy Policy