keyboard speed (advice)

Options
mitch
mitch Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi Guys:thumbup:

Could you plaese explain me that if you'r not speedy in the keyboard it could be big barrier for geting a job. Do they need accountants that work fast in keyboard or knowledge of accounting will be enough.

AAT Finalist (June)

Thanks for any Advice:thumbup1:

Comments

• Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I would think an employer would put accounting knowledge, attention to detail and accuracy as essential. There's no point in keying in something quickly if what you produce is rubbish! Speed comes with use, so if your keyboard skills are a bit on the slow side - practice, practice practice!

From one who's isn't exactly a fast typist!
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Like Jan said fast typing comes with practice.

Practice when ever you can if you are concerned, but speed typing isnt necessarily everything when you are an accountant. It is all about accuracy (as with all typing I appreciate).

I was really slow but as I have worked mainly in offices since leaving college and doing lots of typing my speed has improved, I am still slow compared to others though but I am a real stickler for double checking things!
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    The program that really helped me improve my touch typing was Mavis Beacon Touch Typing. It was the best program that I found all those years ago (10 or so), there's even games within it. You should be able to find an older version on fleabay cheaper.

eta: You can try the latest version here
  • eka
    eka Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    don't worry about speed, it will come as you go along:001_smile:
  • mitch
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.:thumbup:
  • mitch
    Options
    mitch wrote: ยป
    Thank you for your reply.:thumbup:

extra info will be benefit for me please.

thanx guys:thumbup1:
Privacy Policy