Anyone worried about PEV/PCR results?

Options
Emma1708
Emma1708 Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I can't sleep already. I am now doing PTC and BTC and am really enjoying them but I hated PCR and PEV and am convinced I have failed them.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very long week

Comments

• Alexis
    Alexis Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi Emma,

Yes it's going to be such a long week!!

I'm only waiting for PTC, but as I've already failed it once I'm very nervous!

Good luck,
    Alexis
  • mitch
    mitch Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi Ema

I am with you as well, and lots of students will fail this year specially PEV, because has been don some big changes on the paper from examiner, so my tutor told me that AAT going to drop percentages for pass rate for PEV.

About PCR still remain same percentage.

Now good luck and u should sleep to get ready for other exams.

mitch
  • Emma1708
    Options
    Good Luck to everyone

Mitch - I dont really understand what you are saying, are you saying that you have heard a lot of people are going to fail PEV or that a lot of people who thought they would fail now wont because of the pass rate changing?
  • karenbingham
    karenbingham Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    PCR June 2007 paper

Please please could someone help, its driving me mad.

Above paper section 1.1 (g) how do they arrive at the opening and closing stock figure on the budgeted operating statement.

I bet its straight forward but I can not see it.

Please help

Karen :blushing:
  • laurenw
    laurenw Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi Emma,

I am awaiting my PEV exam results, i still think the exam was awful so i'm just waiting for the 'non comepent' letter to arrive :thumbdown:

I found DFS to be quite easy, so i suppose 1/2 isn't too bad :glare:
  • Emma1708
    Options
    Are you getting the results by email?

I hated PEV but felt fully prepared for the exam and then messed it up completely. I really really do not want to have to do it again :thumbdown:
  • laurenw
    Options
    Yes i am set up to recieve them by e-mail, i am not looking forward to it though :001_unsure:

I also felt prepared for the exam and did alot of revision, however i found section 1 really hard and it took me a while to figure out what the questions were realting to! The layout was quite different from previous years.

Section 2 was quite straight forward.

I don't want to re-sit it either, but there isn't much hope if me passing next week :thumbdown:
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi All

I took unit 33 and will get the results next week. Believe me, if I have passed that exam you will hear the screams all the way from Wembley (wear I live).

The paper had an error in it. Great. This has actually been confirmed by one our tutors with the examiner. Terrific ay. Typical AAT, they can never get something exactly right first time!
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    im getting the results by email too, really am convinced il fail, im trying to prepare myself but i think i will still be gutted,cant stop thinking about it need the results so i can put it behind me.

oh my god i am so worried, but as they say it could be worse!!! lol you have to laugh or you will cry.
  • lorraine
    Options
    at least its not long now!!!
  • lorraine
    Options
    forgot to mention i was referring to that horrid PEV exam
  • mowzer
    mowzer Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I did pev and pcr, currently convinced i failed both!

I got good results in mocks, so people keep telling me i've probably passed, but i really really don't think it's even possible. People saying that just makes it so much worse when you actually do fail:crying:

Glad at least to know there are other people as scared of tuesday as i am!

Chin up everyone :001_smile:
  • evil_defined
    evil_defined Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I think half the problem with a lot of these exams if the wording of the questions, it doesn't exactly make it easy when you have to read the question over and over to understand it.

Just remember if you do fail you can re sit as many times as you like, yes it's a pain but atleast you wouldn't have to re sit the whole year.

No point worrying as it won't change anything
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    I think the following quote merits a response as this is always something that can happen whether intentionally or not, and not just in AAT exam papers.
    I think half the problem with a lot of these exams if the wording of the questions, it doesn't exactly make it easy when you have to read the question over and over to understand it.
    evil_defined

Interpreting what you have to do is tough, your boss may give you a job to do and be ambiguous. He or she thinks they've been clear, but you don't know precisely what is needed.
    So you ask for clarification and then get on with it.

In exams, the opportunity to ask for clarification doesn't exist. So I recommend that you STATE YOUR ASSUMPTIONS.

Then you get on with it. That way you can show that you recognised the ambiguity could mean more than one thing, but you chose to interpret it in one way.
    A few years ago the intermediate paper ECR had a question that the examiner wanted to use as a way of testing candidate understanding of limiting factors. At no point within the question was there any mention that any of the products they produced had an upper sales limit, so you could quite rightly assume that all the products have unlimited demand.
    On that basis, as soon as you know which product has the highest contribution per limited factor, you can recommend that that product is the only product that should be produced.

The examiner's answer shows the answer he intended based on an unwritten maximum sales for each product, but anyone stating the assumption I have mentioned and then making the recommendation I have made would also get FULL MARKS for the question.

I think that there are opportunities to improve the exam papers being set by AAT, but I don't think you can rule out ambiguity. So once you have read and re-read the question, make up your mind, state your assumptions and get on with the job of answering the question. In exams time is limited, so use it to earn the marks.

Good luck on Tuesday
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • xxSaffronxx
    xxSaffronxx Registered Posts: 16 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    PEV Dec 07 Paper Error
    speegs wrote: ยป
    Hi All

The paper had an error in it. Great. This has actually been confirmed by one our tutors with the examiner. Terrific ay. Typical AAT, they can never get something exactly right first time!

Hi
    Is this true what Speegs has said? What was the error on the PEV paper?

Thanks

Saffron
  • SandyHood
    Options
    I took unit 33 and will get the results next week. Believe me, if I have passed that exam you will hear the screams all the way from Wembley (wear I live).

The paper had an error in it.

The way I read it, Speegs was writing about Unit 33 as the paper with the error.

PEV is unit 8.

Try not to let pre-exam result nerves to get in the way when you are reading the messages.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • laurenw
    Options
    Hi Saffron,

I did PEV in December and the examiner did say something about an error, i think the printing error should have said 'week' but actually said 'month', or vise versa.

It was a while ago, so can't remember the exact details.

This was in section 1.
  • SandyHood
    Options
    Absolutely right laurenw.
    Task 1.3 (a) provides the monthly cost per kg of tea and then asks for these costs to be converted to index numbers using January 2007 as the base year. But, this was identified by AAT before the exam, and eveyone taking the paper should have received a note telling them that this should have read
    base month

I hope you were told this Safron and did not waste valuable time trying to figure it out.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • xxSaffronxx
    xxSaffronxx Registered Posts: 16 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Ok thanks guys
  • Zoeyar
    Zoeyar Registered Posts: 17 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    PCR Exam

I've failed the PCR exam twice & Im hoping third time lucky!
    I went into the exam nervous & left confident I had passed & then reading posts on the forum after the exam I am sure I've failed - will just have to wait & see tomorrow when the agony is all over!

Good luck everyone! :thumbup1:
  • StevenMorgetroyd
    StevenMorgetroyd Registered Posts: 6 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I sat PEV & PCR in December and I am dreading the results tomorrow. I think PCR was ok but PEV was horrible and I am really panicking about the results!
  • Barbara Knight
    Barbara Knight Registered Posts: 20 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi Sandy,

I think that the advise about stating your assumption is brilliant - I have been doing the Dec 07 PCR this afternoon and had no idea what they meant about 'average hours' and overtime cost distribution so I just did it my own way. To my amazement I got the correct answer, but my workings were quite different from the ones in the answers so I may have lost marks, but stating my basis for the workings would have made me feel a lot better regardless of the answers as my logic was correct - just different!

Thanks for all the good advise and answers you put on this forum - you are a star!!

B:thumbup1:
  • Kairi
    Kairi Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    aww

I was reading all these posts and was hoping that all you who were afraid of failing were going to post your results on here but no... But well done if you passed them!!! And good luck if you're doing more exams in 2 weeks!!!!
Privacy Policy