Question RE: University ACCA

Options
tamworth
tamworth Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
Dear All,

I would appreciate it if you could assist me with my query:

I've completed AAT upto the Intermediate stage.
I have worked for a practise for almost 3 years (since i was 16)
I m 18 years old nearly 19

I got two of my results today; i passed the personal tax and failed the finance.
Im really thinking about ditching the AAT and work and go to university so I can study full time and enjoy my life again :blushing:

Is it possible to stop studying AAT at the intermediate level and get through to University to start the ACCA in September or have i not got the entry requirements and have to complete the techincian level?

Many thanks

Comments

• emsquare1
    emsquare1 Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    As far as i was aware there are no entry requirements. However if you complete AAT you get a first year exemption.

I advise you to stick it out will help you more
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    If you finish your AAT then you'll get exemptions from the first year of ACCA. You can also get an Oxford Brookes degree when you qualify (£50 fee I believe). So potentially would only be another two years after you finish AAT.
  • richardw
    richardw Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    If you finish your AAT, you can also get exemptions for some degree courses at uni, they are listed on the aat site.
    You also have to look at the finances of going to uni, you can get a tuition fee loan for your fees, but it does need to be paid back after. Fees for 2008/9 are due to be £3145, with an increase each year for inflation.
    If you can get a 1st year exemption by having AAT, youll have the AAT qualification, & will have saved yourself a year of tuition fees & living expenses.
  • Cudey
    Cudey Registered Posts: 138 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    tamworth wrote: »
    Dear All,

I would appreciate it if you could assist me with my query:

I've completed AAT upto the Intermediate stage.
    I have worked for a practise for almost 3 years (since i was 16)
    I m 18 years old nearly 19

I got two of my results today; i passed the personal tax and failed the finance.
    Im really thinking about ditching the AAT and work and go to university so I can study full time and enjoy my life again :blushing:

Is it possible to stop studying AAT at the intermediate level and get through to University to start the ACCA in September or have i not got the entry requirements and have to complete the techincian level?

Many thanks

Wahey! Another school leaver in accounts.

Personally I advise you to stick it out mate, i'm 18 myself and am just about to start AAT. Like yourself I worked in accounts since 16. The way I see it is if you get AAT out of the way, and crack on with ACCA with the exemptions you have, you'll probably finish it around the same time as you in Uni. The only difference is you'll have an extra 3-4 years (or however long the uni course lasts) experience in work, which added to your 3 years already is pretty good, practically invaluable as you're more advertisable to employers. That's my view anyway mate.
  • tamworth
    Options
    I've been advised by my work. Not to skip any of the papers I maybe exempt from. (apart from time, it doesn't affect me as i'm not paying).

I have only passed Intermediate. Got 4 exams in June. I haven't got any A-Levels.

If i was to pass 3 out of 4 exams. Then would I still be able to get on the ACCA and just re-sit the 1 exam in December should it only be the one paper?

Thanks
  • tamworth
    Options
    Cheers for the advice :blushing:
  • tamworth
    Options
    No-one knows ?
Privacy Policy