ptc anyone failed

Options
hevmc1712
hevmc1712 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
I got my results last night and I've failed part one I'm really annoyed because now I have to take four in june

Comments

• kellbell
    kellbell Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Dont worry I failed both so i have got five to sit in June!
  • hevmc1712
    hevmc1712 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    it makes me feel better that i'm not the only one.I'm going to see i I can feedback so i know where i went wrong
  • Andrewh26
    Andrewh26 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    i don't know yet, but if i fail PTC i'll definitely be appealing
  • loubylou
    loubylou Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    have u guys received your results by email? not got mine :-(
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Id advise people whom not recieved their results ring the AAT and find out if registered i did before as not got mine and it seems a bit of a mix up and wont get them till posted
  • kellbell
    Options
    Yeah i mite find out where i went wrong too, i passed both section 1's. everyone i seem to talk to passed! im feeling a bit gutted now.....
  • Andrewh26
    Options
    do you remember what you did in section 2?
  • kellbell
    Options
    yeah, i know where i went wrong. I'll just have to get it right next time lol. Do you know where u went wrong?
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    What year are the June ones? I took a gap and am getting lost on which book I require.

Help appreciated.

Everyone good luck on your resits, nervous about mine taking a year out seemed like a good idea!!
  • kellbell
    Options
    The june exams are year ended 2007 then the Dec resits are the following year 08.

Always seems like a good idea at the time but im sure your be fine!
  • jorja1986
    Options
    The june exams are year ended 2007 then the Dec resits are the following year 08.

Always seems like a good idea at the time but im sure your be fine!

I can only find a 2008 book. is this the one I need. i dont want to waste my time! :confused1:

So June would be06/07 and Dec would be 07/08 with the following June being 07/08 also?

Sorry I am being really dim I think! :blushing:
  • kellbell
    Options
    As far as i know thats right, thats what i was told at college! what exam are you taking in june? ive got a book list i can email to you if you want the ISBN no's:001_unsure:
  • fruitcake
    fruitcake Registered Posts: 17 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    ah bless . . . i was convinced i had failed . . . but didn't . .

all the luck in the world to you for june x
  • Emma1708
    Emma1708 Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I have been told the opposite - that June and December in the same year will be based on the same tax year
  • kellbell
    Options
    well done fruitcake! and thanks.

We were told that the re-takes in dec 08 would be based on the next year so if we did have to re sit we would new book but june 08 is still based on 06/07 year same as dec.

I'll double check when i go back to college :001_smile:
  • Andrewh26
    Options
    I know in section 2 i went wrong treating 2 of the er, 4 items, wrongly, i just calculated tax on the item under 6k and said the inherited item was except, apart from that a lot was right, must have been cos i passed, which i was a little surprised at but just shows you can make quite a few errors and still be ok as long as most of the logic is there :)
  • jorja1986
    Options
    I have been told the opposite - that June and December in the same year will be based on the same tax year

It odes make more sense. so June and Dec this year will be the 08 book. That way it will mean you will have 2 opportunities to pass.
  • kellbell
    Options
    It odes make more sense. so June and Dec this year will be the 08 book. That way it will mean you will have 2 opportunities to pass.

Well hopefully i'll pass next time, but im lucky i get a 2nd chance! I feel like the only one who didnt pass :crying:
Privacy Policy