CIMA or ACCA

sunny
sunny Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
Having past exams of Dec, I need to choose units for my Dioloma exam in June. Here comes a question: ACCA or CIMA?

Which one would be more helpful to career development in the future?
Which cerficiation could give you more chance to find a good job?
Which one is easier to get pass in 2 years?

Really need advices form your guys. Tks!:thumbup1:

Comments

• sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    anything is easy if you put the effort in !
  • sunny
    Thank you. So any advice else?
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    it really depends on whta u like the most i mean ACCA is more of the financial side of accounting whilst CIMA is more management ur best picking ur stronger side of. They are both seen as equal as they are both diffrent sides of accounting.

I hope this helps :001_smile:
  • sunny
    it really depends on whta u like the most i mean ACCA is more of the financial side of accounting whilst CIMA is more management ur best picking ur stronger side of. They are both seen as equal as they are both diffrent sides of accounting.

I hope this helps :001_smile:

Thank you, :thumbup1:
  • peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
    It can be a bit of a misleading assumption that ACCA is more 'financial'. ACCA caters for both industry and practice and as such has a balance of papers between financial/management/management accounting. ACCA is not wholly financial/audit/tax orientated but at the final level you can choose between audit/tax and management accounting in the optional units, dependent on your career plans/aspirations.

Overall, there are in fact 3 management accounting papers at ACCA (one at the first level, one at the second, and a final optional paper at the final level) - exemption from the 1 at foundation level (level 1, not sure what the 'technical' name for it is) will be granted if you have the AAT qualification.

You're better off looking at the syllabus for each paper - bearing in mind that ACCA syllabus has recently changed. (To be honest, reading back my post I'm not sure if there are 2 optional management accounting papers at the final level as one of the old compulsory papers has been moved to an optinal paper! Have a look at the syllabus of each, then decide).

Kind regards
    Steve
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Just for information and I'm sure this won't influence anyone's decision these are the CIMA pass rates for last November's exams

P01 - Management Accounting Performance Evaluation 43%
    P02 - Management Accounting Decision Management 43%
    P04 - Organisational Management and Information Systems 70%
    P05 - Integrated Management 64%
    P07 - Financial Accounting and Tax Principles 53%
    P08 - Financial Analysis 48%
    P03 - Management Accounting - Risk and Control Strategy 57%
    P06 - Management Accounting - Business Strategy 57%
    P09 - Management Accounting - Financial Strategy 58%
    P10 - TOPCIMA 56%
Privacy Policy