Free MS Office Accounting 2008 and Free Office 2007

Options
deanshepherd
deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed here before but anyone can obtain a free 'express' version of MS Office Accounting 2008 from this website.

There is also a 'pro' version which normally costs £150 but can also be obtained for free from this guy.

He can also provide you with a copy of Office 2007 for free too!

Enjoy.

Comments

• Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Dean,

Do people actually use this?

Poodle
  • shaxxa
    shaxxa Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks Dean!

Poodle,
    This is relatively new and as far as I'm aware may have the odd glitch but I do know that there are quite a few accountants out there who are giving it a go.
    I have got the free version and first impressions are good but I haven't actually used it as yet.

Sharon
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    There is also a 'pro' version which normally costs £150 but can also be obtained for free from this guy.

He can also provide you with a copy of Office 2007 for free too!

Enjoy.
    Now, I don't have any major ethical problems with stealing from Microsoft but personally, I'd rather keep my business software legitimate.
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    Er.. this is completely legitimate!!

Perhaps I should have made this clearer.

I believe the person making the offer has been granted licenses to distribute in the UK within the accountancy profession in order to get the product into the marketplace. The offer is only available to accountants or bookkeepers.

The software is being provided directly by Microsoft and you will be given product keys to download the software directly from their website.

If it is illegitimate software you are after then try ebay!
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    Poodle wrote: »
    Hi Dean,

Do people actually use this?

Poodle

Hi

Completely new product.

I have not yet taken a close look at the software but, as much as we dislike giving Bill Gates any more money, I am sure it will be a very competitive product.

The software will not remain free for very long so it may well be worth getting hold of a copy now, if only for evaluation purposes.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Sorry, my mistake. I should have checked more thoroughly. The original forum post looked distinctly iffy but following up it seems fine.

You see, I never trust my fellow Cornishmen, I know what we're like. I still think Office 2007 is overpriced at free though.
  • emcatnap
    emcatnap Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Has anyone downloaded the free version and found that it takes a long time to open? I have downloaded it and it takes ages to open applications. I wonder if it is because it opens through the internet connection? I hope there is a solution because it looks ideal.:confused1:
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I can't even get it downloaded. I have 3 unknown files that I can't even get rid of now! Bloomin' microsoft, thanks for the link though dean, I'm trying to get the pro for evaluation at the moment, what do you think of it?
  • CJW
    CJW Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I have actually downloaded the free full (legal) version by following the link provided above. The programme does have a slight delay when opening but once opened it is working great for me. It is very similar to sage and I have already converted / imported a few of my clients work onto it.

The demo or small free version was very slow indeed as the internet connection provided adverts as your were working.

Have you requested / used the correct encryption key as it does provide you with two, one for the demo version and one for the full free version?
  • emcatnap
    emcatnap Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    It took ages to download at least an hour I am sure.
    I noticed the adverts too. I mgiht try and download the full version and see if that is different. I am pretty sure I was only give one set of codes.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    CJW wrote: »
    I have actually downloaded the free full (legal) version by following the link provided above. The programme does have a slight delay when opening but once opened it is working great for me. It is very similar to sage and I have already converted / imported a few of my clients work onto it.

The demo or small free version was very slow indeed as the internet connection provided adverts as your were working.

Have you requested / used the correct encryption key as it does provide you with two, one for the demo version and one for the full free version?

No I haven't got as far as getting to the codes!

I've got the codes for the pro version which is just downloading the trial and putting a permanent code in but I can't get the trial downloaded. All I get is half a file which can't be deleted as it has made its way into other programs.

I have system restored and tried again - still no luck!
Privacy Policy