Finally finished Unit 10!

mfernott
mfernott Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
Well I've finally handed in my final draft of my Unit 10 project!

Doesn't it just feel like a huge weight has been lifted!! :001_smile:

Only 3 papers (MAC, DFS and PTC) left now :thumbup:

Comments

• Yazi
    Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi

Well done!

How long did you take to do the project?

I have started mine and finding it hard to get motivated.

Yas
  • mfernott
    mfernott Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Yas

On and off, about 6 weeks. But this included constant mailings of drafts to tutor, waiting for comments, amending etc. Report writing didn't take me too long.

I got set this in Jan and had Unit 17 (IAP) starting in late Feb followed by MAC and PTC immediately after, so knew I had to get this done before these units started or I'd never have done it!

I'm so glad to have it done now though - I can focus on my remaining papers and hopefully take my last exam in Dec

All the best with your project - it's not so bad when you get into it...:thumbup1:
  • sharon
    sharon Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    why don't you sit all 3 papers in June! DFS, MAC, PTC! I am!
  • 118 11kate
    118 11kate Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi

I also finished project YIPPEE!, I handed it in just before easter and so ive only got PEV to finish in June then thank goodness im done. :lol:

Kate
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    yeah doesnt it feel good, I started mine last summer but I have been doing mine on and off with leaving weeks and weeks between doing it, that way there wasnt a rush. But it you crack on with it I reckon you could easily do it in 6 weeks.
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have PCR and DFS to do in June. Hope that the papers arent too difficult as the PEV in December that was a bugger, I feel I passed that one through the skin of my teeth lol.
  • tattookitten
    tattookitten Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    Wow 6 weeks?! Thats great! I'm in my 1st year (doing technician over 2 years) and I'm planning on doing my project over the summer. I had a horrible feeling that it would take months to do but you've inspired me to crack on with it and get it done!
  • Ntensity
    Ntensity Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    OMG the worse hing to do is leave the project as a last unit where I still havent started on it after a year...im about to do it now and finish my Audit simulation...that ill be then AAT Qualified with full ACA exemptions :laugh:

6 weeks to finish isnt bad...its hard to get it started imo.
  • shbh80
    shbh80 Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Ntensity wrote: »
    OMG the worse hing to do is leave the project as a last unit where I still havent started on it after a year...im about to do it now and finish my Audit simulation...that ill be then AAT Qualified with full ACA exemptions :laugh:

6 weeks to finish isnt bad...its hard to get it started imo.

Hi Ntensity,

I have done all the exams except the project. still waiting for the tutor to come up with the comments on planning form before i prepare my first draft of report.

Even i am interested in doing ACA. Have you got a training contract for ACA or do you by any chance know what will be right way to have one? Will appreciate your help.

thanks
  • leopardearth
    leopardearth Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Well done you, I'm only half way through
    mfernott wrote: »
    Well I've finally handed in my final draft of my Unit 10 project!

Doesn't it just feel like a huge weight has been lifted!! :001_smile:

Only 3 papers (MAC, DFS and PTC) left now :thumbup:

Hiya, wish I finished mine now! Got really bad headache with it, I got 2500 words now, struggling to find another 1500. Do you mind my asking about your Cost Analysis? How did you put in it? A compared table with explanation-that's the only thing I have in my mind at the moment. Is there anything else?

Thanks, Kitty
  • 118 11kate
    118 11kate Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Kitty

Thats how I did my cost analysis and my tutor accepted mine.

Kate
  • Ntensity
    Ntensity Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    shbh80 wrote: »
    Hi Ntensity,

I have done all the exams except the project. still waiting for the tutor to come up with the comments on planning form before i prepare my first draft of report.

Even i am interested in doing ACA. Have you got a training contract for ACA or do you by any chance know what will be right way to have one? Will appreciate your help.

thanks

Hi there

Yes my work firm provides training for ACA and its only available to specific ACA work training firms.However I wont start my training until next year and when I finish my technician level. If you have Technician with Audit, Business and Personal tax then you get full exemptions into ACA which is 6 out of 12 units in the professional stage.

Ive done like 2 pages of my unit 10 now lol.....I was never good at essays ...dunno how im gonna finish this!
Privacy Policy