Buddhists

LondonMatt
LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I used to be on their side against the chinese, but those poxy spam messages I get all the time on this site has put me right off them :thumbdown:

Everytime I read or think about buddhists I get that llama song stuck in my head - llama llama furry llama, llama llama llama, not a llama llama llama, llama, llama, llama!!!!!!! :glare:

I'll post the link when I get home actually and you can all share my mutterings :001_unsure:

Comments

• LondonMatt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbPDKHXWlLQ

...been stuck in my head all day...
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    I enjoy a good theological discussion. Why did God make man...because she has a sense of humour and all that, but Matt what has a South American two toed ruminant, (yup I looked it up in my Funk and Wagnell) got to do with Buddhism (the philosophical and religious system of Guatama or "the Enlightened"....I looked this one up as well) ?
  • LondonMatt
    Cullen, surely in your extensive research into Buddhism, you discovered that their leader Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso, is more commonly known as the Dalai Lama. Whenever I think of Buddhists, I think of the Dalai Lama and then onto llamas almost immediately. Am I the only one who does this??

This is my first thought when I think of Buddhists:

LlamaTeeth.jpg

Is that wrong???
  • Cullen
    Matt it isn't wrong, dont think that. But ( I feel comfortable starting a sentence with this word now) it is weird.

World religious leaders do not equate with woolly alpacas. I have frequently obseved these animals and they are not pious, devout nor God fearing.

They are fluffy, fun loving, frolicing, frisky and they spit.

Does Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso spit? No? I dont think so.

Have you considered aversion therapy to marshall your train of thought? For example you could get a friend to stun you with a cattle prod whilst showing you a picture of his holiness the Dalai Lama. Go for it, I am sure it will work.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Cullen wrote: Β»
    You could get a friend to stun you with a cattle prod whilst showing you a picture of his holiness the Dalai Lama.

You've been spying on me and my girlfriend haven't you!!!
    :blushing:
    Or should that be "my girlfriend and me" ?
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    CJC wrote: Β»
    "my girlfriend and me" ?

Is it not "my girlfriend and I"

Poodle
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I thought that sounded a bit too royal :001_tongue:
  • LondonMatt
    Cullen wrote: Β»
    World religious leaders do not equate with woolly alpacas. I have frequently obseved these animals and they are not pious, devout nor God fearing.

They are fluffy, fun loving, frolicing, frisky and they spit.

Clearly you never went on a stag do with the late Pope John Paul II - the man was all those things and more, proper naughty he was when he was a bit tipsy :ohmy:
    Does Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso spit? No? I dont think so.

Have you considered aversion therapy to marshall your train of thought? For example you could get a friend to stun you with a cattle prod whilst showing you a picture of his holiness the Dalai Lama. Go for it, I am sure it will work.
    No, no, change must come from within…. :mellow:

*I tried for hours to find a funny Dalai Lama related joke and that’s the punchline that came up more often than not. I don't get it myself, but if old Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso is reading this, he'll be cracking up…trust me

**Last proper day at work today and I'll be damned if they think they're getting me to do any work :glare: :001_smile:
  • Cullen
    I am trying to find a direction in my Guide to Plain English regarding the controversial "and I" versus "and me" issue. Will report back as soon as I have an answer.

I cant say I laughed at the Buddhist joke. If a Buddhist happens to read it could they please explain it to us?

Everyone has a cattle prod nowadays. I used to feel a little bit special and admittedly smug having one, but now I am just one of a very large crowd. It was a fantastic help when the children went through their teenage years..........
  • LondonMatt
    lol

Ah, a cattle prod! Thats exactly what I've been looking for - that could come in very handy - especially at the enterance to the Northern Line at London Bridge, a few zapps should clear the way :thumbup:

For that wonderfully helpful peice of information, I will increase your reputation points! - in fact, now I think about it, I'm very disappointed that my own reputation hasn't shot through the roof since I started this thread. I suppose some people don't appreciate the link between the llama, llama, cheesecake song and LIFO, FIFO and AVCO :001_rolleyes:

They will learn...
  • Cullen
    Be careful when considering LIFO, FIFO, FILO and AVCO.

FILO is a type of pastry and shouldn't be used to answer a question about the most suitable method of valuing stock. Trust me on this one, Matt. I've been there.
  • Cullen
    I think I might understand the Buddhist joke, does it have something to do with how many llamas does it take to change a lightbulb?
  • LondonMatt
    No lightbulbs in the jokes I read, it’s the reply a vendor gives to the Lama when he asks for his change back after buying a hotdog…. Oh how I laughed when I first read it….:huh:
  • Hiljay5
    Hiljay5 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    The easiest way to work out whether it is "and I" or "and me" is to mentally take the other person out of the sentence and listen to how it sounds; for example if you say "My friend and me went to the zoo to see the llamas", take out the "My friend and" and you are left with "me went to the zoo to see the llamas" - which clearly doesn't sound right! (unless you're 2 years old!) Similarly, if you were to say "The llamas spat at my friend and I" and take "my friend and" out, you are left with "The llamas spat at I". Also not correct. Mainly because if I were around you can guarantee that the llamas would be spitting at me and nobody else would be in the firing line! (Just my sort of luck, you see). Hope this helps. Regards to all, Hilary
  • Cullen
    Brilliant application of logic there Hilary. Regarding your problem with spitting Lamas. I think it brings us full circle back to the cattle prod..........
  • Cullen
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    A couple of points to would like to add to this most educational discussion:

1) It is not "me and my girlfriend" or "my girlfriend and I", but "my girlfriend and One". :lol:

2) It is all very well discussing the Bhuddists, but did you know that you won't succeed on Broadway if you don't have any Jews?

Speegs (Jewish - ish)
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    [qUOTELIFO, FIFO and AVCO :001_rolleyes: [/QUOTE]

Don;t forget FOFO. My tutor says it stands for F*** off and find out, when trying to cost stock. Aren't BPP tutors wonderful.
Privacy Policy