help!

koolboi2007
koolboi2007 Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

Im in my final year of AAT at technician level and I have a place at university for accountancy and finance this september 2008.

Im really lost because i heard from some people that the degree is a waste of time and other people say that with a degree you can get a place in an accounting firm to train to become a chartered accountant.

I want to reach ACCA of course and i know i can get into it after AAT technician. I need to know whether to do the degree or go onto ACCA. I desperately need to know if doing the degree is a good career route because even after you do the ACCA you need experience to step into accountancy jobs.

All help is appreciated!

Comments

• melc25
    melc25 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    As far as I know, the technician level is very close to degree level, depends if you want a job straight away or not I guess.
  • Bashak
    Bashak Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    I think you should do both.
    As far as I am aware, if you have a degree in accountancy, you can complete your ACCA in 1 year with Oxford University.
  • koolboi2007
    koolboi2007 Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi

THanx alot for you help :) Im not sure what job i want yet but im looking for any kind of accounts experience. I was aware that oxford brrokes uni let you do a degree after 2 years of studying ACCA but i wasnt aware that oxford uni allow you to just complete ACCA in 1 year if you have the degree. Where does it say about this?
Privacy Policy