Excel - Date conversion

Sue
Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi

I am trying to import my clients data from Excel into Sage. Unfortunately they have entered the date in the format of 02.05.08 whereas to import into Sage it has to be 02/05/08. Is there a quick way of changing this or is it a case of re-entering all the dates?

Sue

Comments

• Gianni
    Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Can you not just select the column you're wishing to change and use the replace option (Control + H) to replace the . to / ?
  • Sue
    Hi Gianni

Thanks for the advice, I've only just found it because for some reason my email alerts aren't working!

I've just tried this but it didn't work, perhaps because the client initally set up the spreadsheet in Microsoft Works?

Sue
  • Gianni
    Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Sue,

I wouldn't have thought that'd make much difference. I'm guessing you've opened the works file up in Excel and then saved into Excel format afterwards? Once you've saved into excel format, it'll convert to this format from works.

Another way perhaps is to select the column and convert the cells to date type and then try the replace function? I've tried this on Excel 2007 and it works fine.
  • Sue
    Hi Gianni

Yes, that worked!! Thanks for your help.

Sue
Privacy Policy