New Job

Options
olivia
olivia Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
Hi everyone,

just received word, I have been offered a trainee position in a practice, everything happened really quick and I am going to take the job. I was wondering if anyone could advise me on what sort of areas or duties I would be doing or expected to do, I never got the time to ask these questions. I have gained my AAT but I have no experience in the working enviroment, the people I met where really nice and I dont want to make a fool out of myself. Any comments would be welcome

Thanks Olivia

Comments

• jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    What you will do will vary dependant very much on how they feel you will be able to handle different levels of pressure.

Just go in and be yourself, once you start practically everything you have learnt over the last few years will makes sense. Especially in practice.

By the way:

CONGRATULATIONS on the offer!!!
  • olivia
    olivia Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks for replying Jorja.
  • sanju158
    sanju158 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hello how did you get the job, I mean I have no accounts related work experience at all, and I have almost completed the AAT course and for the last year or so I have made numerous applications and only had two interviews. So any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

sanjay
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    The best advice is to just keep trying.

Most of us with no experience have applied for many jobs and not got them.

It will just take one employer to see your potential.

Keep plugging away and you will find something. Also try looking at slightly junior/trainee posistions, (I don't know what you are applying for), if you go in wanting to be a Finance Manager or Controller with no practical experience of accounts it is unlikely you would even be considered even if you had managerial experience. This is only my opinion though.
  • sanju158
    sanju158 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi thanks for the reply, well I am applying for positions such as Accounts Clerk to Accounts Assistant, I want to do ACCA but whats the point until I get a job eh?
Privacy Policy