BTC Revision

lmiddleham
lmiddleham Registered Posts: 71 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone

Have PEV & BTC in June to finish of my AAT so it's time to start revising!

How do people go about revising for BTC? I've been advised by Kaplan not to use old exams because of the changes in rules for the new finance act (I'm doing Finance act 07)

I've gone through the study text, done both the mock exams in there and have tried making up my own exams based on some of the key quesitons at the back of the book but there's nothing better than a few mock exams.

Does anyone out there have any good revision sites/past exams etc that would be suitable.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• laurenw
    laurenw Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi,

I have also been advised not to use past exam papers due to the change in the tax laws.

I have found reading the osbourne book & also doing the questions helps quite abit.

I have even started to re-read chapters to make sure i fully understand it (there is so much to remember!).

I have also started revising alot earlier than my past exams, i am determind to pass!!

Anymore suggestions welcome...
  • CelticStar
    CelticStar Registered Posts: 142 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I read a post a few weeks ago similar to this one and someone else suggested that the BPP Combine course companion had been updated to include the Finance Act 07 rates and had quite a lot of practice questions and quite a few practice papers and answers as well. I ordered it from Pickabook at the time and it does seem really good.

This is the link to it although you might find it cheaper elsewhere:

http://www.pickabook.co.uk/0751732087.aspx
  • lmiddleham
    lmiddleham Registered Posts: 71 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks for the replies.

Kaplan have just sent me a revision pack of the past papers but they've adjusted the years etc in the questions and changed the information sheet at the front to the Finance Act 07 rules and tax bands.

So now I've got a full set of practice papers that are relevant to the exam :001_smile:

now to do them all :glare:
  • CelticStar
    That's great Imiddleham, I only wish I had got a similar pack from Premier - that would have been really helpful! :001_smile:
  • warrants
    warrants Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Cheers Celticstar.

This will be my second attempt at Business Tax (first one was 18mths ago) and looking at the rate changes i'm totally blown away so i've ordered that book.
  • CelticStar
    Just spotted this post warrants. Glad to have helped and good luck with your exams - second time lucky for you hopefully! :001_smile:
Privacy Policy