Work Hard Play Hard!

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
So what do you lot of hard workers do for fun when not number crunching?

Persoanlly all i seem to do lately is work, college, study, eat and sleep (when can fit it in) - however i get to party in August with a few friends - going to the V and Reading music festivals and taken a whole two weeks off work to recover :thumbup:.

Any other festival goers on here?

Comments

• A-Vic
    O and my ambition is to eat my body wieght in chocolate lol - now thats playing hard lol
  • kazseera
    kazseera Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor ⭐
    :thumbup:loll at vic. errm im quitting my crappy old job at barclays, taking a month off b4 i start my new life wooohooo:-DDD
  • kendall17
    kendall17 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    Work for the weekend, as a 17y.o male it is my duty to party hard! generally on a saturday as fridays are usually spent watching leeds rhinos rugby league! oh and in june 9 of my mates and myself are going to tenerife :D my poor liver haha
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    At my age it's most likely to be a good nap I'm wanting :glare:

My drinking days are pretty much behind me, I'm getting to that time of life where it seems a good idea to start looking after yourself. I'm sure my younger self would look with horror at the non-drinking, non-smoking, working-out self he's become.
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    You sound like my son, A-Vic. He lives for his festivals, Reading especially. He and his flatmate wear loads of wristbands to show how many festivals they have been to. ( I wear one with my name and adress just in case I forget )
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Whats a social life???? I could do with about 28 hours in a day, or 8 day in a week to get one of those:biggrin:
  • DuncyMoon
    DuncyMoon Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    I'm heading for T in the Park in July once the exams are past. Been the last few years but got the tickets for this years festival last August & the line up's not looking the best this year!

Still, might as well make a weekend of it! :thumbup1:
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    I am going to Party In The Park to listen to the Royal London Philharmonic. We go every year, take a picnic basket and a couple of bottles of champagne. It has been brilliant every year except last year when it rained, it thundered and it lightened. I got wet, right down to my long johns. It was the nearest I ever got to torture. I paid Β£25 for the ticket and would happily have paid thrice that to leave. My partner insisted on staying to the very very bitter end, and we all got the flu and had to take nearly a week off work. We have tickets to go again this year. Dear God, how can I escape.............................?
  • A-Vic
    WTG Kaz good luck with the new life :001_smile:

Am 34 just started going to festivals 3 years ago, but love it, (living teenage years again lol).

Wanted to go to T in the park but missed out on tickets so just doing the two mentioned before.

As for social life this is really all i have this year so like to make the most before i start intermidiate:001_unsure:.

My moto would be never to old to try anything cause your a long time dead :thumbup1:
  • cherub76
    cherub76 Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    Being married, with 2 kids, working fulltime and studying................what is free time?????
  • A-Vic
    Cherub its a must

I am a single mother, and studyied 5 GCSE's and 3 A-Levels in 16 months so do understand work load - but remembing time to kick back and relax is a must whether its partying or just going for a quite meal with your partner or friends its a definate must! otherwise you will burn out before you get to enjoy the fruits off all that labour. Plus time for you is as important when rasing children.

Good luck with your studies :001_smile:
  • cherub76
    Hi Vic,

Thanks for that, but can you tell my mum that!!! As far as she's concerned I'm neglecting my kids by doing my AAT! As for my boss, he thinks that I'm the bionic woman!
    That said however, Im really enjoying it (how sad is that) :thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    Message to cherub's mum

Hey cherub

Yeah added pressure wont help but your children well looked after am sure of that and if your mum commenting on them suffering well turn it back on her let her take some of the load, i.e. extra babysitting giving you a couple extra hours study time.

See what ya mean about enjoying it too :thumbup1:
  • cherub76
    Hi Vic

The kids are fine, hardly running the streets in bare foot, in fact its making them behave a bit more..........Mummy has to study you know!

My first assignment is ready to go in the post today...........I didn't realise they would be due so quickly, I've only got another 2 weeks to read 9 more chapters and complete number 2 arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But still...........onwards and upwards!!!

:thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    So your doing home study also well done you, i havnt the self discipline to do that.

Hey drop me a pm some time and i'll pass on my email.

Vicky :001_smile:
  • tattookitten
    tattookitten Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have a full time job and a part time job and obviously the AAT, so with what little spare time I have I like to go to the Download festival, go to the cinema and watch gorey movies, read, sleep, spend time with my honey and get some ink!
  • 118 11kate
    118 11kate Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Have not had much free time since starting the AAT and im about to sit what will hopefully be my last exam :001_unsure:. I got my hubby a wii for his birthday last year and a playstation 3 for his birthday this year (to make up for neglecting him so much) lol can you tell we have no kids yet :blushing: ...so my ambition for life after AAT is to learn how to play them both, go on a proper diet (I eat loads of chocolate when im stressed lol) and go out LOADS!!!!!......i.e. get a life before we start planning kids.

.........ohhhh I only dream of Ibiza now a days.....them were the days:thumbup1:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    i have recently taken up horse riding - other than that i love to cycle and sit out in the garden with a good book.

i am going to a festival in holland in august - lowlands. i am a festival virgin and my hubby assures me i will be fine. cannot wait

Tracy
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I've finished my exams for this session - yay and hopefully for ever!!!

Good luck to all AAT sitters for this session. I am now going to spoil my children to make up for being a tetchy mother (as my 11 year old told me today).

We're off to see Indiana Jones, on Friday!
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Shock, horror, MK gets it's own moving picture theatre....lol!

Good luck to everyone going through hell next week, I'll be there Wednesday and Friday mornings!
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I see we have both Wednesday and the Blades viewing. I hope we have no trouble in the stands!...LOL
  • ClaireS
    ClaireS Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    I wish I had time to do festivals!!

Only started aat a month or so ago but between work and the course and another qualification I'm doing for work, I barely have time to breath! My mate was talking about going on holiday the other day...I didn't even answer her!!

I'm sure it all be worth it now but a a bit of fun in life now and then wouldn't go amiss!!!

So is it just me that has no time or do most of you find it like that too?

C
  • Sevren
    Sevren Registered Posts: 101 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Claire, it just gets worse - abandon hope.

If you have any sort of a social life then get rid of it :crying:

Why am I looking at his at midnight.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I see we have both Wednesday and the Blades viewing. I hope we have no trouble in the stands!...LOL

I'll have you know that Wednesday fans are far too sophisticated for that sort of thing!
  • LizH
    LizH Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Free time??? Whats that?? Its exam time and ive been taking work home to finish off when i'm supposed to be revising!! (I work in a private practice)
    I switch off from work by going horseriding a couple times a week, keeps me sane! Also im a supporter of Plymouth Argyle FC, been a season ticket holder for the past few years (ever since i got my accountancy job and no longer work saturdays) ROLL ON AUGUST!! Missing my footie!!
  • ClaireS
    ClaireS Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    I can't get rid of my social life!!! I'll just have to cut down on sleep, that should do it!

To be honest at the moment I seem to managing work and aat AND my social life quite well - my work have been quite good with me and let me do parts of my course in work time even though it has nothing to do with the job I do!

Its starting to get a little hard now the suns out, all I want to do on a nice evening is sit in the local beer garden and instead, i'm stuck inside crunching numbers lol!!!

Its all worth it in the end (or so they say)
Privacy Policy