Unit 5 Skills test....doh (FRA)

Options
Chris
Chris Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
Did anyone else take this today? Could not for the life of me get the trial balance to balance :mad2:. Think i did the previous acquisition/dispoal of the vans ok - bit long winded but end effect should be right, double checked over all my account balancing too just in case....still nothing.
Cant remember what the suspense figure was now (4770 or 5770 something like that). The 3 adjustments afterwards you need to make (sales not posted/payment not posted & then the plca thing) usually in the past clear out and balance the suspense account with every other mock one ive done.

After putting the 3 adjustments through im left with i think it was £120 in suspense....which i know isnt right but just cant find where ive gone wrong at all :( pretty sure the first 2 adjustments i did correct (since they are pretty simple) only thing i can imagine is that ive corrected the plca part wrong. I read over the final part again and again trying different things but still couldnt balance it off - question was something along the lines of 68,500 posted to cashbook correct but entered into plca incorrect & to correct it.

Anyone any ideas? wasted so much time going over that question i think ive messed up....horribly :S

Comments

• sanna
    sanna Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    What adjustements did it ask you to make to the extended trial balancer
  • Chris
    Options
    First was a sales invoice which had been recorded in the bank, just other side hadnt (So credit vat & sales debit suspense) other was a cheque payment for admin costs which had again been recorded in bank but nowhere else (so same as above just opposite way around really) did state both had vat included in task.
  • King of the Mountains
    King of the Mountains Registered Posts: 66 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Why would a sales invoice need to to be recorded in the bank?
  • Chris
    Options
    sorry thats me writing it wrong :) was a cash sale
Privacy Policy