Did anybody else leave the £100000 disposal out of the final question?

Hunnie
Hunnie Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
I did not include this as the question stated that the contract would either be renewed OR disposed after 3 years....

Comments

• acc1077
    acc1077 Registered Posts: 138 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I left it in and am now very concerned about this question,
  • Essexgal
    Essexgal Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    Yes I did, I was going to add on to sales like quite a few others did but didnt in the end and made the calculations without it.

I think this is wrong but as long as the calculations are correct I dont think we will lose many marks for that... hopefully
  • westendlad
    westendlad Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
    I left it out.

I think my NPV was +79 or something
  • lucia
    lucia Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Hi, I did not add the £100,000 in as it did not state if it would be disposed or the contract renewed. Unless you def know it was being disposed of. By looking at people's replies on the pther threads i think everyone is 50/5 on this question. Maybe they will mark both as correct as it could have been worded better.
  • Hunnie
    Essexgal wrote: »
    Yes I did, I was going to add on to sales like quite a few others did but didnt in the end and made the calculations without it.

I think this is wrong but as long as the calculations are correct I dont think we will lose many marks for that... hopefully[/QUO

Hope not...I hope the rest of the paper is ok then it won't matter if the NPV is right or wrong!!
  • Hunnie
    lucia wrote: »
    Hi, I did not add the £100,000 in as it did not state if it would be disposed or the contract renewed. Unless you def know it was being disposed of. By looking at people's replies on the pther threads i think everyone is 50/5 on this question. Maybe they will mark both as correct as it could have been worded better.

Finally, i've found somebody who thinks the same as me! I left it out because they said the contract will be renewed or disposed...it never actually stated which one so surely the £100000 cannot be included until that point :)
  • Dill
    Dill Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    I did add it. It was in the projections in the table on the bottom of the left hand page in the data so I think it must have been included.

Either way, it's just one mistake.
  • Essexgal
    westendlad wrote: »
    I left it out.

I think my NPV was +79 or something

I done that too
  • jeskimosdad
    jeskimosdad Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Hi everyone. I reckon you have to include it because you're always working on a worst case scenario. if you assume the contract will be renewed you'd have to go beyond year 3 and continue with the estimated cashflows. good luck anyway, don't think it'll be a huge blow if you haven't included it.:001_unsure:
  • acc1077
    acc1077 Registered Posts: 138 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    if thats the only mistake - can you still pass? i'm getting really worried
  • Dill
    Yeah this is right Jeski.

You're working out how good the contract is -- not how future contracts will perform.

Anyway, either way, I'm not worried.
  • westendlad
    westendlad Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
    Essexgal wrote: »
    I done that too

I'm sure it was 79.

The annoying thing is that you practice all of these things, and then when you have done the exam are wondering if you've done it right.
  • Dill
    In fact, I'm thinking about when you have to factor depreciation into a calculation, you must always add the residual value to the final years income.

So I'm now pretty sure that you have to add that 100k.

In essence, it's the difference between 9/10 and 10/10. Hardly worrying guys.
  • Essexgal
    Yes totally agree, but on a positive note I cant imagine we would fail if this was only error.
  • Hunnie
    Dill wrote: »
    In fact, I'm thinking about when you have to factor depreciation into a calculation, you must always add the residual value to the final years income.

So I'm now pretty sure that you have to add that 100k.

In essence, it's the difference between 9/10 and 10/10. Hardly worrying guys.

Only if the contract isn't renewed though...
    The contract may continue, in which case the £100000 disposal would not happen. Badly worded question !
  • Dill
    I don't think you can assume it will be renewed -- but you're right it wasn't as clear as it should have been. Although all of the people in my group did add it.

There shouldn't be any grey areas in these questions.
  • Hunnie
    Dill wrote: »
    I don't think you can assume it will be renewed -- but you're right it wasn't as clear as it should have been. Although all of the people in my group did add it.

There shouldn't be any grey areas in these questions.

I used those parts for my commercial factors...
    how likely it is that the contract wil be renewed and if not how achievable is the £100000 sale of disposal

What did you put here? Normally the investment is the introduction of a new product so this was difficult to answer
  • Dill
    I also mentioned that you don't know if it will be renewed and this will affect the numbers. But ... meh who knows, we're simply gonna have to wait until the answers are put online in 2 months aren't we?
  • katieh
    katieh Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    hi every1, i didn't add it and i got 79 something for npv, as did the majority in my group. we will just have to wait and see won't we. :001_smile:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    If you included the disposal when calculating the third year, what would your answer be? 290 or 190 for the third year? I re-read my answer and I couldn't figure out how I got the answer I got? I don't know what I gave now - it was in that blur when almost every question I rechecked was wrong!! What were the sales revenue and the cost figures for the third year?
  • katieh
    katieh Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    i didn't include the disposal and i got 190
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    So does anyone remember what the sales revenue and the cost figures for the third year were? I think I'd remember the total I gave if I had that info.
  • Flashb
    Flashb Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Intial Expenditure in Brackets

Was the initial capex in brackets? I think it was (600).

I added the Disposal as income and got quite a high NPV.
  • andrewtdk
    andrewtdk Registered Posts: 150 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Yea i added the 100k aswell as i thought they were asking about the current contract and i felt that an extended contract was something that could possible happen in the future. Starting to wonder now though with so many people giving different answers
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Registered Posts: 44 Regular contributor ⭐
    I got NPV of 70 something (I think) and a payback period of 1.9 years!! Really worried now about this question! Can't believe its so long until the answers are up on the site!
  • Sean of Kent
    Sean of Kent Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    I agree with Hunnie and others that left the £100,000 out. At the time of producing the forecast we wouldn't know if the contract was to be extended or the kit disposed of, so I left it out. Hope this is right. :001_unsure:
  • jenz496
    jenz496 Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    I included it as a sort of residual value, i wasn't sure why it would be there if we weren't to include, and as the investment was a 3 year and no more, i assumed the contract would be 3 years and that was it.

maybe a badly designed question.
Privacy Policy