Can anyone help on PCR Dec 06

Options
carjon
carjon Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
Hi can anyone tell me how to work the closing finished stock or planned production figure on Task 1.2 B, I have been looking at this for ages and just can't seem to work out where the figures coming from.

PEV Monday Exam ok section 2.2 a nightmare
DFS Tomorrow - ain't even bothering to stress my head over that 1 resit in December.
PCR Thursday - Would like to get that past this time section 1 keeps tripping me up, any tips ??

Good luck to you all who have exams the rest of the week, I am sure there will be a lot of sore heads on Friday morning !

Comments

• swampy1901
    swampy1901 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    We did this one in class cos we were all struggling with it.

For each period take Sales Units increase each period by 8% or 5%
    Add your closing stocks which have been calculated by using next months forecast to get 4 weeks worth so your closing figure in period 1 is the same as your opening figure in period 2 and so on.
    Add each column to get your planned figure then calulate 3% wastage
    Add this up to get maximum amount you an make per period which is cross checked by restricted materials at 120000 per period and as each unit takes 2 kg to make 60000 is the max you can make.

Our tutor made it look dead easy .......... but dont they always??

Swampy
  • carjon
    Options
    Hi Swampy, I still can't get the figures to work to the cl stck 8,200 , 12,400 and so on what am I doing wrong, I worked the closing figure out fine in 1.1 b but 1.2 b is doing my head in........
  • swampy1901
    swampy1901 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Sorry forgot to say - work it backwards - your max is 60000 per period -3% of that is 1800. Take that away from 60000 to get planned figures then calculate difference between that and your sales figure then you can start filling in next period with closing figure in period 1 copy that to opening balance in period 2 and so on

Swampy
  • carjon
    Options
    Omg, I hope 1 of them don't come up in the exam, thanks for your help swampy...
Privacy Policy