How long to do Technician level

Options
artist
artist Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
How long will it take to do Technician level. Anybody does it on their own ?
I mean just learn at home and do the exams? Please help

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    It has taken me 14 months. But I went to college.
  • >Michaela<
    >Michaela< Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    10 months for me - September 07 - June 08 , providing I have passed the 2 exams I have just sat. & I still need to finish my assesment. I would not like to have studied from home though.
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    hi there,

if i pass the btc, dfs and mac that i've just done then it wil have taken me since the last lot of exams (approx 6 months).

i bought my text books from ebay and did it all at home alone... except for the simulations where you will have to purchase the complete course. i recommend bpp !
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Sebastian - You swot. :001_tt2::lol:
  • hunter
    hunter Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    speegs wrote: ยป
    Sebastian - You swot. :001_tt2::lol:
    here here!!!! well done you :)
  • ChloeGee
    ChloeGee Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    To be honest I'm doing all 5 exams at this sitting (PEV/BTC/DFS/PCR/PTC) and it's not been as hard as I thought it would be. Most of it was self taught (based on past exam papers) as I missed my college lessons a lot (they were on weekends!!). Think AAT is comparatively not very hard against ACCA and CIMA..
  • lynn6575
    lynn6575 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I have completed Foundation and Intermediate stages as a home study and they have taken me a year to complete. I have been advised that Technician level will take me 18 months....so i am continuing with my home study. I's very good although you have to be disciplined and ensure you book time to do the work at home :001_smile:
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    How long? Well I've only been on Technician since September - but my word it seems like forever! - Seriously, the biggest stumbling blocks seems to be Unit 8 (PEV) and the Report - Unit 10. You have to get on top of unit 10 very quickly and keep plugging at it or you'll let things slide and before you know it you'll have lost months!

Unit 11 (DFS) is a lot of work but straight-forward and Unit 9 (PCR) is OK, for me it was Unit 8 that was the real hard work and remained so right until question 2.2 in the exam on Monday.

Anyhoo, good luck!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    My class all finished in 9 months of one evening lesson a week; some people having kids as well as full time jobs. We did have an inspirational tutor though.
  • immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I have done it at college - started september 07 and just about to take my last exam - I also have my project done and have a full time job.
Privacy Policy