So how easy was that paper?

Options
Dill
Dill Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
I just can't believe how easy the paper was today. I was done in 75 minutes -- and that's only because I wrote it all in pencil and had to rub it all out and write it all again in pen.

I was anticipatiting something tricky to throw me off course, but everything balanced first time. Next year students will revise the June 2008 paper and think it's simple! And it was!

I'm so happy!

Woooo!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 103,151 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Options
    yeh man, was well easy, took hour-hour max so easy! if anyone struggled, then seesh what was u studying lool
  • Dill
    Options
    Maybe they needed to go to the grosvenor for a game on the itbox and a pint at dinner like we did mate?
  • System
    System Posts: 103,151 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Options
    haha yeh man! thats mega studying, pint, gambling, learning questions and loosing money all in the same day!
  • Dill
    Options
    I think we won good about two times all year? Yeah man!
  • Josedinho
    Josedinho Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i thought it was one of the hardests. I was breezing until section 2 though.
    Other than being VAT registered i don't think section 2 could have been harder?
    Did you find it easy compared to past papers or just easy on the day.
    I've found the past papers to be really simple compared to this.
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I loved that exam :D
  • Layla
    Layla Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    give me appropriations, bad and doubtful debt and suspense accounts and journals any day,
    section 2 was bloody HARD!
  • ccreaven
    ccreaven Registered Posts: 119 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Layla wrote: »
    give me appropriations, bad and doubtful debt and suspense accounts and journals any day,
    section 2 was bloody HARD!

I totally agree with you, I spent so long revising the more complicated stuff I forgot basic things like the balance sheet lay out!!! :blushing:
  • angeleyes_ap
    angeleyes_ap Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Fra

Hi,

I was just reading peoples post on yesterday's exam FRA. I have got to agree with the majority of people, this exam was hard, completely different from the past papers, i have been studying. Just got my fingers crossed otherwise will have to resit it.
  • Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I thought that the paper we did was the easiest out of all the past exam papers, we did not have to do any markup's or Margins, use the accouting equation for part 1, no memo, no appropration account, no using SSAP to calculate closing stock, no journals, no bad debt provision. For me I think the only big thing was the fixed asset disposal
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    lol i think this was so easy
  • ccreaven
    ccreaven Registered Posts: 119 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Chris023 wrote: »
    I thought that the paper we did was the easiest out of all the past exam papers, we did not have to do any markup's or Margins, using the accouting equation for part 1, no memo, no appropration account, no using SSAP to calculate closing stock, no journals. For me I think the only big thing was the fixed asset disposal

give me all of the above and take away the balance sheet with no proforma!
  • Dill
    Options
    Twas good when we'd finished eh George? -- we'd gone into it fully planning on taking 2-2.5 hours and left in half that time.

Was a great atmosphere -- roll on results day!
  • numberjunky
    numberjunky Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I agree with Chris - there was nothing tricky at all, but maybe the margin for error will be tighter resulting in more failures?

All in all, I'm very happy with my performance and seem to have seen all the potential pitfalls of the paper - Drawings and wages error, Interest received, corrections, disposal, current account....
Privacy Policy