Need advice

Rune
Rune Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
I am currently at college taking AAT 3 NVQ, I am sure that I totally failed section 2 of FRA. We have been told that you have to pass all the exams b4 progressing to level 4. (Principal of college decision). (GIT). Any way If I have to retake level 3 will I have to retake the skills test (which I was competent in all three with no aditional work to do) and the exams or wot? please help I am very angry with my self and upset coz my brain just totally went blank on me with section 2 of FRA.
:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Comments

• KellyG
    KellyG Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    I doubt very much you would have to re-sit your skills tests... your exam you probably will, but skills test information is all kept in your portfolio?? (i'm doing the diploma route so i'm not entirely sure) Maybe someone else will know for sure!
  • LouLou143
    LouLou143 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    No you don't have to redo the skills test - once you've passed your skills test thats it....you would just retake the exam.

You don't know until you get the results in August whether you've failed...On many occassions I thought I had failed and passed....just don't worry about it until the results day...there is nothing that you can do about it now....have a break and relax!!
  • Rune
    Thanks, I did ask my tutor "WHAT IF" and all she said was 'if you fail I'll come round and cut ur legs off'. Great eh?
  • KellyG
    KellyG Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    Rune wrote: »
    Thanks, I did ask my tutor "WHAT IF" and all she said was 'if you fail I'll come round and cut ur legs off'. Great eh?

She obviously believes you are capable then... its true more often than not if you think you have failed you haven't (better for you to be suprised that you passed though - would hate to think I aced it and fail!!) x
  • LouLou143
    LouLou143 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐

Haha thats funny! Have faith in yourself...the examiners aren't that harsh!!
  • Rune
    Thanks thats made me feel a bit easier, I just can't believe it i just totally went blank..... literally nothing made sense at all.... O well just have to wait....:001_unsure:
  • MOHMEDSALIM PATEL
    MOHMEDSALIM PATEL Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    it is too early

Be a optimistic,how can say you are fail? do not think about it and relax, just one mistake will not fail you.

Enjoy yourself and believe your are passed
  • MarkyLFC3004
    MarkyLFC3004 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    I am currently at college taking AAT 3 NVQ, I am sure that I totally failed section 2 of FRA. We have been told that you have to pass all the exams b4 progressing to level 4. (Principal of college decision). (GIT). Any way If I have to retake level 3 will I have to retake the skills test (which I was competent in all three with no aditional work to do) and the exams or wot? please help I am very angry with my self and upset coz my brain just totally went blank on me with section 2 of FRA.
    :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Hi

This is my first post on these forums however I believe im probably in a similar position to yourself, got section 1 to balance fine however I really do think ive messed up section 2, im happy with my layout for the P+L and BS but i messed up the disposal for sure.

Anyway my tutor has told me the skills test for this is really difficult how did you or anyone else doing the NVQ Level 3 find it? Ive got to do the test next Tuesday and have been told it may take me ages to complete!

Not looking forward to it.
  • Rune
    I did the skills test 8 weeks ago. (Aprrox). If u concentrate on D1895, you should be ok, just read the questions. I found the exam far harder than the skills test.
  • ccreaven
    ccreaven Registered Posts: 119 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i agree with rune, i flew through the skills test and only made 1 error (which was adding up!) but think I have made at least 8 mistakes on weds:crying:
  • wilboss
    wilboss Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    I did the skills test 8 weeks ago. (Aprrox). If u concentrate on D1895, you should be ok, just read the questions. I found the exam far harder than the skills test.
    I did the skills test last night, having done D1895 for practice the day before, and can confirm that D1895 is very similar, for the first part at least. Try it out and have a read of the model answers, should stand you in good stead! :thumbup1:
  • MarkyLFC3004
    MarkyLFC3004 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    wilboss wrote: »
    I did the skills test last night, having done D1895 for practice the day before, and can confirm that D1895 is very similar, for the first part at least. Try it out and have a read of the model answers, should stand you in good stead! :thumbup1:

Sorry to ask this but im not sure what you both mean by D1895 :001_unsure:
  • kiwimogs
    kiwimogs Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Hi

This is my first post on these forums however I believe im probably in a similar position to yourself, got section 1 to balance fine however I really do think ive messed up section 2, im happy with my layout for the P+L and BS but i messed up the disposal for sure.

Anyway my tutor has told me the skills test for this is really difficult how did you or anyone else doing the NVQ Level 3 find it? Ive got to do the test next Tuesday and have been told it may take me ages to complete!

Not looking forward to it.

Oh the skills test WAS much harder. We did our a few weeks back. Finished college altogether now for the summer. What a joy. We did it over 2 sessions. Some people were still not finished.
  • visha
    visha Registered Posts: 218 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Our college's policy is that if you pass ECR you may continue to do PCR and PEV but if you fail then you can not enroll for those units.

If you fail for FRA then you will not be enrolled for DFS but you can continue for PCR, PEV and the project until you pass FRA.

Every college have their own preferences
  • CathG
    CathG Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Our 's tutor's policy is that you can continue to Technician level if you have passed at least one (ECR or FRA) and do a resit in December, but they won't allow you to do the two resits in December as you'd already being doing two exams for the Technician level then as well.
  • Rune
    WHat is D1895

If you look on the main aat website u will find past skills test and simulations just go into unit 5 and u will find D1895, Good luck.
  • Pencil
    Pencil Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Going onto Technician

Our college has also told us that we have to pass both ECR and FRA before we can go onto Technician level. Their reasoning is that there is so much work to do between September and December that you wouldn't be able to dedicate enough time to the new units to ensure your best possible chances of passing the two exams (or one exam and skills test) for level 4.

The only hope of continuing, would be if you resit exams in December and then start some Technician units in January. When you've built up the momentum of studying, I think the last thing you want to do is take a whole year out just to resit two exams.

I feel it's harsh but can totally understand their reasoning. I'm just glad they didn't tell us before we took the exams, or the pressure would have really been on :001_unsure:
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Pencil

Just read your last note;

Hopefully you will have passed both your exams, but;

if you haven't ... do you have to go to college to do Technician Level? If you really want to start it before you have completed Intermediate then why not look at other options?

Perhaps you could do day release or distance learning with another organisation. You could sign up on 22 August, when you know if you need to do any resits in December? I know what you mean about wanting to get oto Technician, it does seem like a waste of 5 months, just waiting for one resit!

Having said that if it really did all go wrong and you have two resits :crying:, perhaps it is best if you stay where you are - unless they are such bad lecturers and that is why you failed both exams:mad2:!!!!!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy