FRA or ECR?

Options
KellyG
KellyG Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
You guys who have now completed both... in your opinion, which was the hardest? :001_unsure:

Comments

• Rune
    Rune Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    FRA - my brain froze and totally went blank in section 2.
  • Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    hmm I am surprised I am saying this but ECR was harder than FRA I think
  • KellyG
    Options
    I'm hoping I find ECR ok... i struggled at first with FRA!
  • MOHMEDSALIM PATEL
    MOHMEDSALIM PATEL Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Fra

Even Though,according Fellow Student I Have Got Sound Knowledge On Double Entry I Believe Fra Is Hard When Posting Journals Specially Error Of Original Entry.
  • Pencil
    Pencil Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    FRA had to be the hardest for me. :thumbdown: I was a direct entrant into Intermediate, and really could have done with a couple of weeks intensive training on the double entry. ECR was logical and although there are lots of different formulas to remember they aren't particularly difficult and with a bit of thought most of them are pretty obvious.
  • KellyG
    Options
    Thanks Guys x
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    ECR was hard well it wasant i found them both easy but i messed up on a question in ECR tho
  • Pigpen195
    Pigpen195 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I think that ECR was harder than FRA. I am just glad that they are both over and done with now and we can relax for the summer.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    def the fra.....................................

but i like the management stuff so the ecr was easy easy easy.....(hope i dont fail now):001_tt2:
  • lisagreenwood
    lisagreenwood Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    There are quite a few formulas you need to learn for the exam with ECR but it is fairly straight forward. There seems to be much more to learn with FRA and for me, even though I have done lots of accounts work through employment, the FRA was quite tough but enjoyable to do at the same time.
  • melc25
    melc25 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    hmm

FRA I forgot about revising disposals! But having both p&L and bal sheet was refreshing and fairly straightforward.
    ECR was just the same as many of the past papers.
  • roy ramphul
    roy ramphul Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think FRA is harder but in the most recent years, layout of FRA papers has become far more better and ECR papers have slightly change. So I think the gap is closing between the two papers.
Privacy Policy