Woohoo! 3pm! We can discuss PTC.

Options
13»

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    To all of my fellow aat members i knew u all r worried abt the result but we cant make any changes now the more i see the forum the more i get tensed just get over it now we all have our fingers crossed so just chill out now lets hope aat will drop back a bit in passing rates bcoz the papers were not dat wasy 2 score 70 percent easily

Hi Umerali,

My tutor said that the AAT do not set the pass mark until all the papers have been marked. So I think what happens is:

1) All the papers are marked.

2) They then decide on a pass mark (probably one that will make their figures look good).

3) Then they can tell who has passed and who has not (I don't like to say failed, because anyone who even attempts AAT but is unsuccessful should never consider themselves a failure. AT LEAST THEY TRIED:thumbup1:).

I would be wrong with this theory but I cannot see how else they can do it if they do not set the pass mark until the papers have been marked.

I have also heard that all papers that are boarderline are remarked to double check the result.

So, if the above is correct, if everyone does badly the pass mark (in theory) should be lowered.

Speegs
  • vickybrown31
    vickybrown31 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I sat the PTC in Dec 07 and failed it! I had a rubbish tutor and a girl in my class who I quite frankly could have knocked out as she just wouldn't shut up! I REALLY struggled in the exam and at one point even laughed as I didn't have a clue, I was actually flicking through the paper to see what I could and couldn't answer - to sum it up I had a complete nightmare with it. Now when the result came through the shocker was that I passed section 1 - I personally thought that both sections were a big fat zero, so what I am trying to say is that if people have only messed up on one or two questions I wouldn't fret too much as the likelihood is that you have passed. And hey if you haven't you just resit - it's not the end of the world as I have discovered.
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Vicky

I have made me laugh because when I took MAC in December 2007 I had the same situation as you. I was absolutely convinced I had failed, and then when I passed I nearly died from shock.

The moral of the story to all of you worried is not to roll your trouser legs up until you get to the stream. :thumbup1:

Vicky is right, do not worry and remember if everyone has buggered up their exams the pass mark will be lower.

Speegs
Privacy Policy