Homestudy course - Where to start???

Options
carla030698
carla030698 Registered Posts: 112 Dedicated contributor šŸ¦‰
Hi,

Im about to start the Diploma stage with BPP homestudy. Can anyone advise me as to which order I should do the units in.

I am doing: Managing systems & People (MSP unit 10)
Drafting Financial Statements (DFS unit 11)
Managing Accounting (MAC Unit 33)
Buisness Taxation (BTC Unit 18)
Personal Taxation (PTC Unit 19)

I intend to take 3 exams in December 08 and 2 in June 09, and I just wondered if there is a best way round which to do first :001_smile:

Comments

• NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor šŸ˜
    Options
    Hi

Generally you can attempt them in any order, perhaps you would prefer to start with the subjects you are less familiar/comfortable with incase you wish to spread them out over the year? Also, although I didnt do tax I do know that there is some overlap between the 2, so these may be best done to gether as each will reinforce the other.

Also, you mention 3 exams in Dec the 2 in Jun, Unit 10 is assessed by a project and so you'd be looking at 2 exams per sitting.

Neil
  • jackie
    jackie Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ā­
    Options
    Hi,

If you are doing BTC and PTC it is better to do them together next June. If you had to do any resits in the following December all the tax data would be the same as it was for the June exams.

Good Luck!

Jackie
  • carolineleech
    carolineleech Registered Posts: 3 New contributor šŸø
    Options
    Hi there,

I have just done the Diploma stage of AAT, i did mine with FTC though. There are the 4 exams you mentions...

Drafting Financial Statements (DFS unit 11)
    Managing Accounting (MAC Unit 33)
    Buisness Taxation (BTC Unit 18)
    Personal Taxation (PTC Unit 19)

But with FTC you have the option of dropping one of the the tax exams and replacing it with an Audit simulation - I don't know if this option is available through BPP but its worth looking into? I would advise against sitting the three exams in one go, I tried this and its very difficult if you're holding down a full time job and distance learning!

Hope that helps!
  • carla030698
    carla030698 Registered Posts: 112 Dedicated contributor šŸ¦‰
    Options
    Thanks thats a great help!
Privacy Policy