SSP Recovered - Payroll Journal

sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Where would I post SSP recovered in a payroll journal

DR - gross wages - P&L
DR - employers NI - P&L
CR - Net wages - balance sheet
CR - PAYE due to HMRC - balance sheet
DR - SSP recovered - ??

I know I should know this it's been such a long time since I've done anything other than directors salaries.

Thank you


  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘

    I put these separately in the P & L to net off against your staff costs.

  • Nilesh Mandvia
    Nilesh Mandvia Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    SSP Recovered

    From the information you have provided, it is debit balance so it seems that, it is ssp recovered which needs to be off set against your paye and nic liability. You need to post it to Paye and Nic control account (Balance Sheet account).

    If you provide further information, I may be able to help you further.

Privacy Policy