Hello :)

Options
SalinaA
SalinaA Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi Guys,

I have just relaised that you have this bit on here so thought I would introduce myself - Im Salina and currently work in a payroll company through which I am also studying part-time :) Hectic but great :001_smile::001_smile::001_smile:

Comments

• troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi,
    how are you? I only joined a couple of days ago and know how grateful i was/am to the people that responded to my 'hello'.
    I don't know how far along you are with your studies, but i hope you are enjoying them.
    It seems to me that you can ask for help/guidance on here and there is usually someone there for you (remembering that most of us work and have children).
    All the best
    x
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi Salina

Welcome :)
  • oldlady
    oldlady Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hello Salina

What level are you studying?:001_smile:
  • SalinaA
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the welcome guys... Troy what are you studying??? I don't have any children but do work full-time!!!

I am working for a payroll company and have just started my AAT, Im finding it quite difficult to be honest as it seems to take up all my spare time!!! I work a 9-5 job and then have to study in my spare time (yawn)... My social life just seems to have disappeared... :ohmy: not that I'm knocking it as it will all be worthwhile in the end and its been a while since I have studied so getting back into 'school' mode is probably the hardest part of it haha!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Just completed certificate and currently studying with college - found it pretty hard and had a lot of time off so just scrapped through last year - but hopefully should be a bit easyer this year.
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi there,
    I just did the Intermediate level,and i can't wait until the results are here. I intend to do Technician level and after that i am going to do CIPFA. I agree about the way it takes over your free time though. I took the week off before my exams and i spent all day, every day studying. I am totally commited to it though, I enjoy studying and it keeps me focused. I have just applied for another promotion at work (in management accounts) so fingers crossed for that.
    What about you? Will you do all 3 AAT levels and then go on? Do you enjoy your job?
  • SalinaA
    Options
    Hi Troy,

How was your weekend?

Lucky you your one stage ahead of me :( I have just finished the foundation level!!!

Cool so your already applying for better positions :) Hope you get it, have my fingers crossed for you :)

I love my job, its something I never thought i would do as Maths was my worst subject at school but I seem to have a surprising knack for numbers when it comes to money and taxes hahaha!! I fell into this by accident two years ago and have progresssed quite well so the AAT seemed the next logical step to be honest... What about you? Do you like what you do?
Privacy Policy