Sage Instant account problem

Primble
Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi

Is anyone else having problems with installing this onto their computer? Mine was sent without an activation code and product key. It also said that the add in couldn't be installed and something to do with a print driver. I have vista and it doesn't say vista compatible.

The add in has also now messed up my excel so I can't do much and I'm meant to be doing a practice simulation

Any help much appreciated.

The test also says that if you don't have accounting software the stuff can be done on excel and I can have access to another excel. I'm just not sure how to lay the reports out

Comments

• columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi

How did you manage to get Sage without an activation key and product code?

I know Sage has some problems activating with Vista and I believe you have to download a patch from their website in order to rectify the problem, however if you cannot even open the product it's not going to be much help!

If it's a genuine product it comes with the relevant codes, then you have to ring Sage for them to give you another activation code which is unique to you and you then use it every time you have to re-load the package.

However if it is not genuine, I'm afraid that there is nothing that can be done as you need the codes to open and run the package.

Hope you are able to find a solution to this problem, you could always try and restore your computer back to a time before you had attempted to load Sage, which should enable you to reuse Excel.
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi

How did you manage to get Sage without an activation key and product code?

I know Sage has some problems activating with Vista and I believe you have to download a patch from their website in order to rectify the problem, however if you cannot even open the product it's not going to be much help!

If it's a genuine product it comes with the relevant codes, then you have to ring Sage for them to give you another activation code which is unique to you and you then use it every time you have to re-load the package.

However if it is not genuine, I'm afraid that there is nothing that can be done as you need the codes to open and run the package.

Hope you are able to find a solution to this problem, you could always try and restore your computer back to a time before you had attempted to load Sage, which should enable you to reuse Excel.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. i assume it is a genuine copy as it came as part of the pack I got from kaplan and it says that there should be a key but looks like someone was dumb and forgot to stick it in which has really screwed me up.

I emailed kaplan and they said ring sage but sage are only open mon-fri 9-5 which is useless for those of us who work full time and study when they can. I also think that sage wont be able to help as i dont have any codes for them to work by.
    arrrrrgh
    now i'm going to start running late because of sage and kaplan. Was trying to get ahead of myself as i'm going away in three weeks
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi again

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare really. The problem seems to be with Kaplan not Sage as they have sent the item out to you.

I would definately be back in touch with them and demand that they either give you the codes over the phone, or send you a new copy.

Hope it all works out for you.

Tracy
  • warren84
    warren84 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I know that this an old thread, but I've recently had the same problem and thought it worth resurrecting to provide a solution:

Rang Kaplan distance learning centre and they said that this had happened a few times before when they had received the software from Sage. They've said that they'll send Sage proof of purchase and get me an activation code and serial number in a couple of days; if they can't then they're going to send me a new copy of instant accounts!

Contacting Sage directly doesn't help as they say they can't help without the serial number or proof of purchase
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    If the software does not run on Vista then that is probably your problem... that has nothing to do with Kaplan as they do not design the software. Maybe you should have indicated that you have Vista as a platform as not all software is compatible with it.

Prouduct serial code and Activation key is usually inside the CDRom case on a sticker attached to the inner case. You then have to call Sage to activate it or connect via the web.
Privacy Policy