International double tax

BennyBenny Settling In NicelyRegistered Posts: 24
Hi there
I have a client who is working in America where they deduct tax at source will she then have to also pay UK tax on the money earns. She will be living in America for 9-12 months.

Any help is appreciated as I know nothing about international tax




  • DavePDaveP Feels At Home Registered Posts: 79
    Assuming she is UK domiciled, if she is considered resident in the UK for any of the tax years in which there are US earnings then she will need to declare them in the UK. She will then receive credit for any US tax paid on those earnings.
Sign In or Register to comment.