New job

Options
leeda
leeda Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Just about to start my first full time job as a business services assistant whilst studying for the AAT. I don't have any previous accountign experience and was just wondering if there is any advice people would give for me to prepare for when I start.

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    yes one word..........you jammy swine.... been trying for 18 month to get a job in accounting area. and i have 2 years experiance and my second years course in AAT

do i sound bitter ....

Y E S :001_tt2:
  • sharon
    sharon Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    LOL! Its such a pain to get a job!!
  • mark130273
    Options
    too right there sharon ........

but time to start spamming the accountants in my area........

you know the good old letter of please giz a job ?

:laugh:
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I think leeda wanted some constructive help!

Congratulations - don't worry I think Mark is only joking!

I've sent you a pm leeda
  • mark130273
    Options
    i am jan, just its very hard to try and get a job in my area.north west . and the old age question about getting experiance to get a job but cant get experiance without getting a job ?:thumbup:
    Jan wrote: ยป
    I think leeda wanted some constructive help!

Congratulations - don't worry I think Mark is only joking!

I've sent you a pm leeda
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi Mark
    the old age question about getting experiance to get a job but cant get experiance without getting a job ?

Unfortunately that has been a problem since Adam was a lad and not just in accounting.

I too changed careers, but was lucky enough to "slide" from banking, after 20+ years, into accounts. Perhaps having worked with other people's money all my working life helped :lol: I've had to moderate my first ideas and now stick to bookkeeping - not exactly using all I learnt with AAT, but still working in the same enviroment. If you can't get work as an accountant trainee have you thought of that possiblity? I find my accounting knowledge helps and it could be a "selling" point for you. I've seen jobs advertised for bookkeepers/accountants so who knows where they may lead.

Good luck with the results next week and hope your search for a job is soon over.
  • mark130273
    Options
    hiya jan , its not that i cant find a job that would suit me it finding someone to employ me . i have tried accountant assistant , bank clark, payroll, legal cashier, etc etc applied for them all with no luck. ..

maybe with my second year result on it , it might help me slightly ...(thats if its a pass THOU) lol

on another thread its about agencies . as i have joined about 5+ agencies and they are all coming up dry..... but someone has said that agencies dont rate AAT at all ? dont know how true that could be .but it could seem pheeesible(dont know how the spell that) !!!

:thumbup:
  • Angi
    Angi Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi Mark
    I find that agencies are all mouth no action plenty of promises and that's it!!
    I have a lot of experience and still find it hard because of the day release at college, you would think they would want someone who trying to better them self after all they benefit from it.

DON'T GIVE UP TRYING GOOD LUCK WITH JOB AND AAT
Privacy Policy