Nerves & serious doubts.

Options
Kath Dude
Kath Dude Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi Everyone,

I just want to find out a worst case scenario for passing one exam and failing the other. E.g Passing ECR but failing FRA.

Does this mean it is a overall fail & I have to redo both again in December?
Would this stop me moving on to Technician in September?

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Starting to feel extremely nervous

Comments

• hufckinger
    hufckinger Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    it does not mean you will have to do both again, it means you will have to do the one you failed again (which i'm sure you will not need to do :thumbup1:)

and can anyone answer me please:

IF I BALANCED MY TB AND BALANCE SHEET IN FRA DOES THIS MEAN EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE PAPER MUST OF WORKED, FOR EXAMPLE MY PLCA AT THE START?????
  • BNS1981
    BNS1981 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    If your TB balanced then your t accounts must have been correct, the only other explaination is if you had 2 errors that balance each other out which is unlikely

again if your p&l and balance sheet all balanced then chances are you have done it correctly.

with regards to moving on to technician level if you fail one or both papers i beleive this is at the discretion of your college, my college (west herts) does not allow you to progress without passing both
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Registered Posts: 44 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hey guys
    I'm waiting on ECR results tonight - sooo nervous, totally convinced myself I've failed!!
  • tammyariley
    tammyariley Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    P&L=BS doesn't necessarily mean a pass!

Hi guys
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my P&L + BS equaled, but I know i definately did it wrong!
    I put the 115 interest received on my BS to make it balance but i know it should have gone on the P&L.
    I'm just praying that is not a definate fail after all the hard work I put in throughout the year.
    d;-) XXX
  • shelle
    shelle Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi guys
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my P&L + BS equaled, but I know i definately did it wrong!
    I put the 115 interest received on my BS to make it balance but i know it should have gone on the P&L.
    I'm just praying that is not a definate fail after all the hard work I put in throughout the year.
    d;-) XXX

Mine too also balanced but i know for a fact mine was out but i cant for the hell of me remember what fingure i got cuz as soon as i come out and realised it is wrong i went white and all my paper in my head wen to pot!

Hopefully nothing major tho my college tutorsaid if you get marked down on it as long as you have followed it all through should be fine..

Me i am not so confident my college said no ito technican if i fail one...so feeling rather sick and fingers are crossed right now

good luck
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Guys! Honestly don't worry. You can still pass even if your TB and BS do not balance. The AAT are more interested in seeing that you understand the principle behind it (ie knowledge and understanding). Believe me. I completely screwed up my MAC paper at Techie level and still passed first time. I was so surprised and even rang the AAT to double check.

Good luck everyone.

Speegs (hopefully to be qualified by this time tomorrow).
Privacy Policy