DFS appeal??

Options
2»

Comments

• Ware College
    Ware College Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi I will be appealing too this. I was so disappointed that i had failed as i found the paper to be reletively straight forward. After reading the forumn it seems to be Section 2 that people have failed.

I spoke with my college who advised me that 8 out of 32 people in my class failed. That is 33% surely that's ridiculous.

I have spoken with AAT who have advised that we should all appeal.

Erm, isn't that 25%? :lol:
  • Gemma Clark
    Gemma Clark Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Ha Ha

Yes really the sarcasm really help thanks. Actually it was a error in the class size there was only 24 of us. so YES 33%

I just was trying to make the point that a high percentage of people fail in my class.
  • Natalie_24
    Natalie_24 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi

I was speaking to my tutor about this last year. She sida that alot of people fail DFS because the do not go into enough detail about the ratios. You may have calculated them correctly but AAT are really big about the written side of things this year.

I don't think they would have failed you just if you didn't get question 2.2 correct.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Yes really the sarcasm really help thanks. Actually it was a error in the class size there was only 24 of us. so YES 33%

I just was trying to make the point that a high percentage of people fail in my class.

Who are you studying with?
  • Gemma Clark
    Gemma Clark Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Dfs

The book publisher was Kaplan.
  • Jemma01
    Jemma01 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Failed Dfs Section 2

hey I have also failed DFS Section 2!! Really disapointed as i felt i had done really well.

I will be making an appeal as £42.00 is nothing to hopefully make a difference!!

The number of people who have failed this section is outstanding surley something must be wrong??:confused1:
  • stevenbcfc
    stevenbcfc Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Appeal

Well surely if enough people appeal they will have to reconsider the criteria because we've shown throughout section one we know the practical side of it but some people just aren't as good at explaining the theory. I agree if we don't get it overturned then we should have to sit the whole paper again as thats the whole point isn't it?

My appeal went off on Wednesday and they say they'll get back to you within four weeks so end of sept i should know!

Well done to passers.
  • Frankie1976
    Frankie1976 Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    DFS Exam

I have read most of the comments on the DFS exam. I too have failed on section 2 - and not for the first time. I failed in December '07, but I knew I had, though I thought it would be on section 1 because I hashed up the cashflow statement. This time I did section 2 first and made sure I was 100% happy with my answers - and yes I went into as much detail as I could. I am confused as to why I failed DFS again - I have also put an appeal in.

Good luck to those who have appealled. Answers are on the AAT website on 1st September (if I read the info right).
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Natalie_24 wrote: »
    Hi

I was speaking to my tutor about this last year. She sida that alot of people fail DFS because the do not go into enough detail about the ratios. You may have calculated them correctly but AAT are really big about the written side of things this year.

I don't think they would have failed you just if you didn't get question 2.2 correct.

Written sections are probably the weakest area for most accounting students, as we spend so long concentrating on calculations. Maybe the course should involve an assignment that covers DFS section 2!

Also I was on holiday for the week Ratios were covered, does it make sense to have 1 week to cover the the bulk of section 2?!
  • jimbob
    jimbob Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    our pass rate was in the 90's perhaps with a mass failing you should be complaining about what and how you were taught.
    also the ratios were taught in intermediate too so did not really cover 1 week you shpouyld have learnt these off by heart all 20 of them
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jimbob wrote: »
    also the ratios were taught in intermediate too so did not really cover 1 week you shpouyld have learnt these off by heart all 20 of them

Even if it was covered in the previous year, is that enough, must be something wrong somewhere...
Privacy Policy