Branch events?????

Options
lauraet
lauraet Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi everyone

I was wondering if student members are allowed to go to the branch events?

Has anyone been to one on Merseyside are know are they like? :001_smile:

Comments

• PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I was wondering the same, I did get some info in on one but did not have the brass neck to go in case everyone wondered what the heck a student was doing there. My nearest one is Glasgow.
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    trust me, you will be made more than welcome !

they are very relaxed and informative... and they serve complimentary buffet and drinks.

usually 1.5 to 2 hours long.

definitely brass neck it !!!
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    3 Years as a student member and I've never received an invitation to one of the local branch events. Maybe stduents don't get invited......:001_unsure:
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I didn't get invited to mine either, you have to muscle your way in lol.

Seriously I just went when there was something I wanted to go to. I do think the branches might get more interest if they involved their local colleges.

Our local branch appears to have student members going and I think they did a drive and have student committee members which helped.
  • lauraet
    lauraet Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi everyone

I emailed my local branch and he sent me a lovely email back saying that student members are very welcome and they love to see students there, all you need to do is turn up! So I think i'll give it a shot!
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I've just looked up the upcoming things at my local branch and theres loads of interesting stuff, so take a look at yours. Theres a seminar on Unit 10 & H&S which I am going to elbow my way into!!
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I've received invites to my branch events. Except now they've moved venues I can no longer attend.

Something to note: Student members/members are welcome at ANY of the branch events, so you can go to something even if it isn't at your local branch.
  • SalinaA
    SalinaA Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    If there is free buffet and drinks Im there ;)

Only joking but am definately going to check it out :001_smile:
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    3 yrs as a student and no invitations, less than one month qualified an dI get an invitation to a meeting in Swansea...... So my qualification does count for something - so there Reed Employment!
  • SalinaA
    SalinaA Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Here Here :glare:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I've just looked up the upcoming things at my local branch and theres loads of interesting stuff, so take a look at yours. Theres a seminar on Unit 10 & H&S which I am going to elbow my way into!!

Hey Sarah

Is that the one in manchester April 4th? if so see you there
Privacy Policy