unit 10

Options
andywiltshire
andywiltshire Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
hi all

finished my unit 10 finally. wondered if there is any direct route to getting it assessed or do i have to go through a tutor

many thanks

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Sorry Andy, no idea, I had to go through my college. AAT told me I'd have to go through them too (though there must be another way, for those folk not at college?).

Congrats, though, that Unit 10 project is a b!tch! :lol:
  • andywiltshire
    andywiltshire Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    tar!

bit annoying that, surely there must be someone that has done it another way

please?!
  • rossie
    rossie Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    hi
    is there any way i can see how the unit 10 has been done. I would like to just a sample of a projtct.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Rossie, if you look at the guidance on the site there are sample projects and hints there, students aren't allowed to send out their projects so all there is is this site and the textbooks.

andywiltshire, only a tutor can assess your project, can your college tutor not do it? If you don't have one you would have to pay a distance learning provider such as BPP, Kaplan or Premier to assess it for you.
  • rossie
    rossie Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thank you I have had a look at the guidance on the site but i could not see any sample projects.
  • mi|kshake
    mi|kshake Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I had a look at a prokect another student had done at my work. The Training Manger also suggested I contact Kaplan Financial to see if they could provide me with projects to look at.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Getting one via your tutor or training manager is fine.

The problem was that people were submitting other students work as their own and if you are a distance learner - how would your tutor know it was your own work so the AAT asked that students not give their projects out.

Sorry I always thought there was a sample on the Unit 10 guidance. If you can't get hold of one any other way you may need to access a text book.
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    as a distance learner, you will be asked to sign a declaration that the work you're presenting is all your own etc.

as a potential professional, the value of your word (honour) must surely be held "second to none".

additionally, distance learners follow a prescribed route with their tutor. i spent just over 1 week and 52 emails with mine. obviously, it is easy for the tutor to see the progression of your work and also help to verify its authenticity.

to help combat the fraudulent submission of other people's work, the aat audit simulations and assignments.

i recommend BPP for unit 10 which will cost you approximately £130.
  • lynchsa
    lynchsa Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Unit 10 with BPP

Just wanted to know a bit about completing my unit 10 through BPP, I've passed all my exams but unfortunately was late submitting my project to my college and now they don't want to know (totally my own fault) so thought I'd go via the BPP route, can anyway enlighten me as to what happens with this i.e. how do you submit your project and how is it assessed?
    Any info is much appreciated.
    Thanks
    S
  • visha
    visha Registered Posts: 218 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Ring Mr Ross Grange ( +44 (0)20 7397 3029) at AAT who was compiling a list of college who is willing to offer students a means to complete their unit 10.

Hope this Helps.

If problem

Ring Leicester College and ask to speak to AAT co-ordinator who may be able to help.

Visha
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Another thing to consider with BPP/Kaplan et al if you are considering going on to the next level. They might give you discounted or a free course if you sign up with them for ACCA/CIMA.

I don't know how it works with Distance learning but with the taught courses you go to one class they explain, give you a course booklet. You go home plan your project. Send the plan to the tutor, who says yay or nay. You then complete your first draft. The tutor points out faults, you complete the second draft. If all is ok you go in for a interview about the project with the tutor. Then this get signed up, sent for external verification I believe.
Privacy Policy