Completed AAT w/o work exp ?

Options
George Tse
George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi

Has any one completed the AAT without gaining any accounts experience wot so ever ??

If so how have you gone about funding for ACCA/ACA/CIMA etc... after you finish the AAT ?

Comments

• welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi

I ran a sales ledger and credit control function for about a year more than 10 years ago. I have completed all 3 levels (NVQ 2,3 & 4) during the last 3 years through full time study. The only thing I have left to do to get the Holy Grail of accolades (i.e. MAAT) is the work experience - I believe retrospective work experience wouldn't count and, anyway, the firm I worked for went to the wall about 5 years ago. So, in short, yes - I have completed the entire AAT educational requirements without any work experience - I have never told them of volutneer work I do for my local church (which wouldn't count for much anyway). I do not think you need to tag on work experience to the NVQ route because the NVQ is VOCATIONAL and, therefore, a practical qualification.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi

If so how have you gone about funding for ACCA/ACA/CIMA etc... after you finish the AAT ?

I believe government funding is almost impossible to get once you have done NVQ3 as they want people qualified to that level as a minimum level, once you've reached that - funding becomes more difficult.

The usual way to get funding for ACCA and CIMA is via an employer, i've never met anyone who has been funded any other way.
Privacy Policy